Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Problem With Kindle Fire HD and Verizon Email

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 287 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2012 1:20:25 PM PDT
Kat K says:
I have a new Kindle Fire HD. I use Verizon email. I set up the account and use it (send and receive) for a few hours with no problem. Then all of a sudden I begin experiencing either: 1. new mail doesn't download (it just says there is no incoming mail) or 2) new verizon mail downloads but existing mail in my Kindle email inbox (Verizon account) disappears, to be lost forever. I have re-booted, re-registered, and removed/added my Verizon account a number of times. The problem seems fixed for a few hours then starts up again. Any ideas? I have worked with the Kindle customer support on this 3 times (chat and phone support).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 4:55:44 AM PDT
fbarich says:
I have the exact same problem with my Kindle Fire HD and Comcast email. I can set up an email account, using the "Other Provider" template and it will work for a few hours and then nothing. If I want to check my email, I delete the email account completely, and re-add it back! I have called Amazon about six times regarding this issue and they are still looking into it. Frustrating.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 8:31:09 AM PDT
Vicki In MT says:
I'm having the same problem. It's getting really old having to delete and re-add my account :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 9:57:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2012 11:15:58 AM PDT
fbarich says:
Agreed - I have called CS six times now. Every time they run through the same settings and when they get it to work they think it's fixed. But 5 hours later...back to square one.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 10:20:57 AM PDT
Steve Wiser says:
My problem is that it will not even finish the account setup since it will not authentic. Which security selection you guys using. I read the Fire uses SSL but this is not an option when the Fire HD. I have SSL/TLS which does not work for me.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 10:24:38 AM PDT
D.C.S. says:
I also have a Verizon account. Though I have not noticed the exact issue you experience, but I have noticed that email I've viewed on my Fire HD disappears when I download it onto my desktop email client. I believe it has to do with the fact that I have set the program on my desktop to remove emails from Verizon's email server when downloaded. Maybe fiddling with the settings on Verizon's website may help address at least this issue(??)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 10:37:19 AM PDT
Kat K says:
DCS:
I currently (prior to getting the Kindle Fire HD) download my Verizon email on my desktop via Outlook, and also from my iPhone. When I download mail at the desktop using Outlook, it disappears from Verizon"s server, which is what I want it to do. If I download my mail on my iphone, it stays on the Verizon server until I download it at home using my Outlook on my desktop. That is how I want it to work, and that is how I want the Kindle Fire HD to work. I have the Iphone and Kindle set to "never" erase mail from the Verizon server. That is because I need all the email to show up in Outlook because that is where I handle and archive all of my business. I use the Iphone and Kindle mainly to stay up on my mail and whatever is going on while I am away from my office, which is at home. So, to address your comment, you can change your Kindle setting to "never" completely remove the email from your email server (Verizon).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 10:40:52 AM PDT
Kat K says:
When I set up the Verizon email on the Kindle Fire HD, it sets everything up for me (except for user name and password, which I have to input). And, as I said, it works fine for a few hours or a day, and then quits working right. But, I've read other posts that say that some Verizon clients access verizon mail through yahoo, and it requires slightly different settings in the Kindle. Not sure exactly what they are, but could that be the case for you?

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 11:40:25 AM PDT
Kat K says:
Oh, one more thing. Amazon has an open issue on my problem through September 29 to fix the problem.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:51:03 PM PDT
Adding that I too have this problem with Comcast mail account. It worked right after setting up, but can no longer receive mail (can send OK).
Amazon: please fix this problem soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 5:31:11 AM PDT
fbarich says:
Whew...thought I was the only person experiencing problems with Comcast Email...

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 8:02:47 AM PDT
Kat K says:
Footnote to my earlier post: Amazon commitment to resolve the problem was extended "a few days". Still no fix. I'm writing them again today or tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:14:32 AM PDT
fbarich says:
My issue is still open with Amazon Engineers also...

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:53:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 10:21:07 AM PDT
Linn Ell says:
UPDATE: AS OF 10/4/12 A SEPARATE FORUM HAS BEEN STARTED FOR SIMILAR COMCAST EMAIL PROBLEM. THIS POST IS DUPLICATED IN THAT FORUM.
Having the same problem with Comcast email and Kindle Fire HD. Works for a while (usually a few hours or so - sometimes even as much as a day or two) and then stops working. I reinstall Comcast email again until it works again and then repeat the sequence over and over. Exact same problem on my husband's Kindle Fire HD. Very nice tech support guy but problem is still not fixed. I sure hope Amazon monitors these forums. Jeff Bezos . . . are you listening? Please help!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 4:57:43 PM PDT
L. wrede says:
It could be due to Verizon server crash and continuing problem- See the following-

http://news.yahoo.com/verizon-email-down-follows-major-bank-hacks-170300453.html

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 7:04:15 AM PDT
Ken J says:
Having the same problem with Comcast email and the Fire HD. The old kindle worked fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 8:27:07 AM PDT
Kat K says:
I have just received like my 5th email response from Kindle customer support advising me to re-install the Verizon email, this time supplying me with the wrong settings. My "open" case seems to have disappeared and they keep asking me to contact them and start over. I am completely frustrated. They must have a ton of complaints on this issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 8:54:46 AM PDT
fbarich says:
Ken - I am in the same boat. I had an Original Kindle Fire and the email worked great. Once during one of my first calls to Amazon about this issue, I tried to point this out to the Tech on the phone saying that there were differences in the setup choices from The Original Fire to the New HD Fire. The tech dismissed me saying the programs were the same.....frustrating.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 6:02:39 PM PDT
lin says:
I received my new HD within the first few days after they came out. I have had this same problem as described above since day one. I have had Customer Service on the phone, on chat, and in emails. I am really not happy with this as I really need my emails to come in AND STAY THERE for more than a few hours. I had no problem with my Verizon emails on my previous Kindle. How can we get this issue taken care of? Is there someone out there who will help us?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 11:48:43 PM PDT
Kat K says:
Lin - I gave up on Amazon due to frustration and the waste of time. Maybe they'll receive enough complaints to prioritize the issue. In the meantime I followed a suggestion from another board and purchased the Enhanced Email app. It seems to be working pretty well with my Verizon email with a few quirks. It was $4.99.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 6:47:04 PM PDT
R. Castillo says:
This problem is not limited to Verizon or Comcast. I have Time Warner Roadrunner for e-mail and have yet to receive an e-mail ...although I can send them. I posted my complaint on Sept 21 and have yet to have a resolution. I have spoken to seven different techicians on and off...all who run me through the same procedure. The settings are correct according to RR and Kindle. It seems to me there is a glich in this new product yet that isn't being acknowledged. Instead they are ignoring me unless I contact them. (and that has been hours of wasted time)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:18:25 PM PDT
fbarich says:
It seems to be a common problem with not only Verizon but Comcast and other major ISPs as well. No fix yet...techs are working on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:12:37 AM PDT
NE critter says:
this is an obvious core programing problem and the amazon cs people have been instructed to ignore the real problem. they are no help at all. i thinks its time to get my money back and buy another ipad, they work perfectly and have great cs

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 8:24:39 AM PDT
I contacted tech support and they first suggested that I use the free email app Exchange Touchdown, but that doesn't work unless you have an exchange id, so then I downloaded K-9 app and had my account setup and receiving emails within 1 minute. K9 is FREE! After again talking to CS she said that was the next free app she was going to have me try. I think they are admitting only the already setup emails (like AOL and GMAIL) will work on the fire HD for now!

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:48:24 AM PDT
Kat K says:
NE..This is my first Tablet. I have to say I have been happy with everything except the email performance, plus I have a regular Kindle and it's great to have all the content from 3 years at my fingertips (books). But, I will definitely go for an IPad sometime in the future.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 6 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 9535 3 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 4526 3 minutes ago
borrowing books 2 3 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 5334 4 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 5054 8 minutes ago
Help with HDX 7" 4G on T-Mobile 0 11 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 7321 14 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat (FB&C) Sat-Mon, 20-22 December 2014 73 19 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 5260 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  86
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2012
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions