**♥**o**o**
**o**♥***♥*o*
*****♥*o**o****
**♥**o*****o**♥**
******o*****♥**o***
****o***♥**o***o***♥ *
____!_!____
.._________/

Welcome! Four more shopping days till Christmas! Are you ready or do you have a lot of shopping left to do? Christmas is a busy, stressful and magical time of year so let FB&C be the place you come to for a little peace of mind. Grab a recliner and a soft throw and spend a little time with us today.

Peruse the freebies, share your selections and lets talk about what's on your mind. In the meantime get some coffee, tea or hot chocolate in the Kindle Cafe and a cookie, donut or 3 and settle in for a little relaxation amid the chaos.

A little Christmas humor.....

`....` Silence Is Golden `....`

At a monastery high in the mountains, the monks have a rigid vow of silence. Only at Christmas, and only by one monk, and only with one sentence, is the vow allowed to be broken.

One Christmas, Brother Thomas is allowed to speak and he says, "I like the mashed potatoes we have with the Christmas turkey!" and he sits down. Silence ensues for 365 days.

The next Christmas, Brother Michael gets his turn, and he says "I think the mashed potatoes are lumpy and I hate them!"

Once again, silence for an entire year. The following Christmas, Brother Paul rises and says, "I am fed up with this constant bickering!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links to free book resources:

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS ***
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!

Cleta Bailey's Toffee Squares

2 sticks Butter
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 whole Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 cups All-purpose Flour
2 cups Chocolate Chips (milk Or Semi-sweet)
3/4 cups Finely Chopped Pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and flour and mix until combined. Spread on cookie sheet with an offset spatula until thin. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle on chocolate chips. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and spread chocolate thinly over the cookie layer.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cut into squares.

Starter Schedule:

KayKay - Saturday, December 22, start time 12:30-1:30 EST
KayKay - Sunday, December 23, start time 12:30 - 1:30 EST
Twas The Night...Leo.. Monday, Dec. 24 Start Time: 12:30am PST
Elf Keeper - Tuesday, December 25 start time: 6-7:00AM EST or earlier
Courtney - Wednesday, Dec. 26 Start time around 12am EST
MerryInTexas- Thursday, December 27 Start Time: 7-8am CST
Lover of Blitzen - Friday, December 28th, Start Time: 12:30am PST

Open Dates:

Saturday, Dec. 29
Sunday, Dec. 30
Monday, Dec. 31
Tuesday, Jan. 1
Wednesday, Jan. 2

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info. Thank You!

Birthday and Anniversary link:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=46D686309DF8EC54!225&authkey=!AKPFhMjMoPLl7y8

Book Discussion:

Our next book discussion is on January 10, 2013 about the book ** NOT FREE In Deep Voodoo (Mojo, Louisiana humorous mystery series #1) ** NOT FREE also found in ** NOT FREE Love Can Be Murder (boxed set of humorous mysteries) ** NOT FREE.

The link to yesterday's thread:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=Mx2HUS2456R4C2Q&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxGTFSI83YW93N#Mx2HUS2456R4C2Q

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 12:31:45 AM PST
Good Morning LOB, Thanks for the start.....I really don't know if I'm done or not....It seems as though I really haven't done much shopping but I haven't a clue what else to do...
I got mom a cover for her kindle fire hd 8.9 but I gave it to her when it arrived and I have a few books from my son...DTB's and a memory card for his vita....
I can't even get them to discuss what they want to do for christmas dinner this year...
Maybe that is part of the funk that I have been in for the last few days or week..
Anyway, Here's hoping that everybody else is ready and happy...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:55:28 AM PST
Good morning Sandy! I have finished my shopping and wrapping with the exception of a a couple of items I'm still waiting to receive. Both for my husband. If they don't come on time I'll save them for his birthday which is in January. I always struggle to get a Christmas list from my boys, but eventually they come up with some ideas to get me started. My husband never has a clue what he wants and that is always the hardest after 33 years.

Sorry to hear you've been in a funk. Maybe it's because you've been sick and still having to work. No rest for the weary or the sick! LOL

We are having Turkey and Ham for Christmas. Same as Thanksgiving. My husband and I both grew up with mothers who did that and we have continued it. If I tried to change it my boys would be very upset.

The one thing that I have not started is my Christmas baking. I am hoping to start on Saturday.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:13:08 AM PST
I have been thinking of a pot roast..Something about just sticking it in the slow-cooker and not having a bunch of stuff to clean up after is appealing...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:16:13 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@LOB thank you for a wonderful start. The toffee squares sound scrumptious. ..Maybe once Christmas is over. For all of you who haven't finished their shopping. You can feel better because I haven't even started, since I spent all week baking. I have just the 23 to go shopping as last year on Christmas Eve, once we were on the mall road it took two hours to reach the mall. And getting out was a nightmare.

Today has been spring clean the house. As we are expecting a large number of people the kids will have to have their rooms "guest" ready so their bathrooms can bee used. Hopefully people won't have to sit in their bedrooms but if absolutely necessary...My room is being locked.

FYI as most families still live in joint families each bedroom normally has it's own bathroom at least in the metropolitan areas.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:18:22 AM PST
westcoaster says:
Checking in so my Secret Santa can find me. Thanks so much Merry for organising it for it all for us. Now I'm off to look through wish lists.

Cheers

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:02:55 AM PST
Good News.....I have to work tonight ..Then I'm off for 4 count them 4 days!!!!!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:06:27 AM PST
From my wish list.....
The Infinite Atrocity (The Infinite Trilogy)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:17:58 AM PST
~nospin says:
Don't forget the crockpot liners - no lifting the heavy insert to clean it.

Thanks for starting LOB

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:32:08 AM PST
@Snowlady Sandy
Pot roast sounds easy and delicious. I love a good pot roast with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. Pure comfort food for me. It is also my husbands favorite. I make it every year for his birthday per his request.

@4Nbahu
I can't even imagine not having done any shopping at all yet, but you seem so organized you probably know exactly what you are going to buy so it will go fast.

I'm sure your party will be a huge success as always and I'm sure you'll be relieved once its over and you can take a much needed rest.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:35:14 AM PST
jilli says:
Happy Winter Solstice or first day of winter to everyone. For those who have to shovel today, please be safe. Have a great day.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:52:22 AM PST
Karl says:
Off topic, but good way to start the day. Video of Dog and child moment, golden lab interacting with boy with Downs Syndrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg

Appreciate everyone book postings and recipes

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:53:10 AM PST
Good morning everyone! From the wish list this morning:
The Infinite Atrocity (The Infinite Trilogy)
The Three Arks (Comet Clement series, #4)
I hope you all have a great day!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:02:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 3:07:42 AM PST
The Kinlib update just came in:

Friday, December 21st 2012, 02:57 AM PST (613)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/399c/

ETA.... I'm off to get some sleep... I'll check back in a little later.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:43:10 AM PST
~nospin says:
Thank you Elizabeth SH for the gift and your wonderful message.

You are our own Christmas Angel.

((Elizabeth))

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:43:25 AM PST
Just a few links before going to work.
Tall, Dark and Kilted: Notting Hill Meets Monarch of the Glen The Title sounds good!
To Love A Selkie
Christmas In Lancaster (Amish Romance)

Haus Dog Fur is moving slow this morning. It got cold overnight.

Helen

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:04:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 4:09:27 AM PST
Karl, this is not off topic....This is free books and chat...
Youtube videos are very much a part of chat...

That sweet little boy has a very cool friend...

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:39:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 4:40:50 AM PST
Selibeth says:
Good Morning everyone.*place a plate of cookies and coffee by the door* I hate post and run. However Santa needs tons of help this year and I have to spread some holiday cheer. :)

Thank you Lover of Blitzen for this lovely post. I will promise to sit down and read it later tonight or in the wee hours of the morning! :)

I did want to say thank you Christmas Elf with sandy feet I did see the email but I am going to wait to open on Christmas because I am not sure if you are the secret Santa and I am one to follow rules. I just can't go without saying a huge thank you. ((( Christmas Elf with sandy feet)))

I promise if I survive these holidays, I will spend a little more time here. *grabs the list and runs out the door*

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:00:00 AM PST
Suze says:
Good Morning!

This is a cute little book, written and illustrated by a child. It would be fun to show to your kids and get them excited about writing and drawing pictures for their own book.....and maybe it could be on Amazon!

Hello My Name is Rose and this is My Christmas Story

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:17:25 AM PST
~nospin says:
Free again
The Moose Jaw (The Fergus O'Neill Series)

Damages

Dj Vu (The Saskia Brandt Series Book One)

New

THE BLUE MESSIAH'S SCRIBE

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:41:47 AM PST
B.J. says:
Good morning, snow's drifting down when winds aren't blowing 50 mph. Beautiful morning, finally looks like Christmas may be on it's way.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:41:58 AM PST
Suze says:
Thanks LOB for great start....your story was funny! And the recipe for toffee squares looks so good (and EASY!) It's very windy here and we are getting our first snowstorm. I have all my wrapping to do and I just might make your cookie recipe.

~~~~~~~FRIDAY QUESTION~~~~~~

By this time most of us have at least some of our holiday decorations up, bringing us some color and light on the darkest day of the year here!

As you look around, do you see in your home any toys, mementos, ornaments that you brought with you from your childhood? Maybe from a home you grew up in or a beloved Grandparent's home?? It could be Christmassy or something that's always on display!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:54:12 AM PST
Linda B says:
My Secret Santa has stopped by twice!
Thank you, Thank you!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:20:27 AM PST
Courtney says:
Good morning!
A toffee recipe with no candy thermometer? I'm so making it.
@4Nbahu: That's so cool about the bathroom thing.
@Sugarplumed: If you want turkey, you can put a breast in a crockpot. It's not as tasty since there is no bone, but it does the trick for easy turkey, and it's still good.

Friday Question:
I have a little toy soldier that will 'walk' on it's own down a board or slanted surface. My grandpa used to play with it with me when I was little. When he was getting old, he had me take it home one day so that I could be sure to get it (out of 9 kids, and 70ish grandkids, he was worried someone else would take it, or it would get lost). I plan on playing with it in January with toddler. The soldier is usually on display but he gets put away for the nativity set.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:30:03 AM PST
fourthdaymom says:
Thanks for the great start, LOB! I guess I'm just about done with my Christmas shopping -- at least that is what my checkbook is saying. I'm down to the stocking stuffers now. Only one of my three sons told me what he wants for Christmas, so the other two are getting gift cards. They can do their own shopping!

A special shout-out to any military families in our group who may be separated from their loved ones during Christmas. My oldest son is a Marine, and is thankfully home this year. He has missed two out of the last four years with us. I know how hard it is for those who have sons or daughters deployed, and my prayers are with you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  188
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions