Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Downloading movie-the quickest method?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 2:26:46 PM PST
Signalman says:
I want to download an MST3k movie from Amazon and then watch it on my big screen TV.

Would the process be quicker if I first downloaded the movie to my desktop computer, then transfer it to my Kindle HD via USB connection, and then transfer to my TV via the HDMI cable...or would it be faster to download it directly to my Kindle (via wi-fi) and then transfer it to my TV via HDMI? Or would it not make a difference?

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:28:23 PM PST
First, is this a Prime movie? Those can't be downloaded, only streamed.

I would think it would be better to just download it to your Fire via WiFi, then watch it. But you could just stream it instead and not download it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:31:16 PM PST
Signalman says:
Thanks for the response. This is it here:

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Zombie Nightmare

I was going to take the 7-day rental option. I want to watch it on my bigscreen LCD TV

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:35:32 PM PST
If you download the move to your computer, it's watchable via your computer. You can't transfer the video back to the Fire. It will not play correctly. I would download it directly to your Fire and watch it with the HDMI connected to your TV.

If you plan to watch a lot of Amazon video, I would *highly* recommend a Roku....

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:39:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:40:12 PM PST
Signalman says:
So the way to do this is to hook my KF HD to my TV first via HDMI, then begin the streaming process...and the movie will then be played on my TV. Is that correct? I've never done this before.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:42:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:43:04 PM PST
You might want to download it to the Fire first, rather than streaming it over wi fi (depends on how strong your wi fi connection is).. But, yes, your assumption is correct. Connect the Kindle Fire to your TV with the correct HDMI cable, and what displays on your Fire should display on your TV. If you don't get a signal, try connecting with both device turned on first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:44:55 PM PST
Signalman says:
Thanks very much for the information, Laura. One last question, for the 7-day rental, that means that the movie will exist on my KF HD for 7-days, I can watch it multiple times during that period and then it will be erased. Is that right?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:46:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:46:18 PM PST
You are very welcome.

The 7 day period starts once you start watching the movie. You should be able to watch it multiple times during the 7 days.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:47:31 PM PST
Signalman says:
OK great, thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:48:42 PM PST
You're welcome. Enjoy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions