Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

connecting to WiFi

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2012 3:16:39 PM PST
P. Bartleson says:
my kindle says 'connected' and in the past it has allowed me to get on Facebook or the WEB, but now it won't. Any idea as to why? or how I can fix the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:18:09 PM PST
Reset your router by unplugging it for a minute or two. When the router is back up, reboot your Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:06:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 4:36:52 PM PST
P. Bartleson says:
Tried that already. Also tried disconnecting and reconnecting. It says I have a 'strong' signal also.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:07:53 PM PST
Is it possible there's a device limit set by your provider and you have too many devices connected to the network?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:11:33 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
This may not apply to your situation at all but...

I've found that even though Verizon tells me that I can have 10 simultaneously connected devices via my wifi, I can, in fact, have no more than 4 Kindles connected at the same time. The Kindles don't "tell me" that there is a wifi connection issue until I attempt to actually use the device in a way that requires that that connection actually work. This 4-device limit is triggered ONLY by the Kindle devices (I have 6 at home.) It doesn't interfere with any of my computers/lap tops.

Verizon says this is an Amazon/Kindle issue. Amazon/Kindle is willing to work on it if I am willing to let my devices fail and send them several files.

I've just decided to keep all of them off-line/in airplane mode except when i actually need to visit the store, the descriptions, and/or use other Kindle features that require internet connection.

Just something to explore in case you may have several different things simultaneously connected via wifi.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:38:32 PM PST
P. Bartleson says:
oh, that may be a possibility. I didn't realize that could be an issue. I'm not very tech savvy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:39:41 PM PST
P. Bartleson says:
hmmmm.....I have Verizon as well, so that is a possibility. We only have my one Kindle but have a few laptops and desktop.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:39:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 4:41:53 PM PST
It could but I can't say how likely that is. Who is your provider?

ETA: Okay, I see now it's Verizon. I would contact them. If it's not about a limit, they can do some other troubleshooting and if they don't find anything on their end, the odds go up that it's some hardware problem with the Kindle, at which point, you'll want to contact Kindle customer service.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 5:03:45 PM PST
Peacock book says:
I am having the same problem. I don't have verizon by optimum however and one 1 desk top connected to the system. I just purchased the kindle and though it says connected, it won't allow me on the internet..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:05:36 PM PST
Did you reset the router and then reboot the Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:12:33 PM PST
Peacock book says:
yes I did and the same thing happens

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:14:43 PM PST
Then contact your provider to troubleshoot your network and router. If it's not that, contact Kindle customer service and they'll troubleshoot your Kindle hardware.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:31:25 PM PST
i have the same problem says that i am connected but the wifi has an x upper right corner. done all the above what next

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:32:21 PM PST
You contacted your provider AND Kindle customer service?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:33:14 PM PST
yes there answer was to redown load 10.2.1 have done but doubt that will work either

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:39:24 PM PST
Well, you can't hardly blame it on any one thing until you rule out every other thing so why don't you think about doing that?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 4 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Kindle Fire HDX stopped mirroring after 4.1.1 update 38 3 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat (FB&C) Sat-Mon, 20-22 December 2014 9 28 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 1967 49 minutes ago
How do I read books on 3rd generation without internet? 3 1 hour ago
kindle fire hdx 8.0 - wifi vs verizon 4g lte/at&t 4g lte 183 1 hour ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 2553 1 hour ago
How to make room on the Kindle? 44 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 7291 1 hour ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 4841 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions