Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

New Book ideas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2012 12:32:32 PM PDT
Krystal says:
I'm 25 years old and I'm really into Chick Lit, Romance (not erotica), and (sorry) books like the Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

Does anyone have any books fitting these categories that they would highly recommend? I just got Kindle yesterday and I have downloaded only the Hunger Games Trilogy and I'm almost done with it and I'm looking for some new books to start reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 12:46:17 PM PDT
A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book 1
This Same Earth: Elemental Mysteries Book 2
The Force of Wind: Elemental Mysteries Book 3

Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery Series #1)
Optical Delusions in Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery Series #2)
Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery Series #3)

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 12:51:08 PM PDT
Remix is a light romance/mystery and an inexpensive, fast read.
Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter is also a funny book, with a light romance element.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 12:53:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2012 12:57:47 PM PDT
Oops, sorry, browser problem caused it to post twice. So I'll add:
Have you ever read Stephen King? The Stand is a lengthy book, about people trying to survive when the "superflu" wipes out 99% of the people in the US.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 12:59:06 PM PDT
The Curse of the Holy Pail (The Odelia Grey Mysteries) is also very funny, and a mystery.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:02:55 PM PDT
L. Housley says:
I enjoyed these 2 books a lot. Credo's Hope (Alex Wolfe Mysteries), Credo's Legacy (Alex Wolfe Mysteries)

I also enjoyed the percy jackson series.here's the first one. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)

BTW, I'm 29.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:03:41 PM PDT
Krystal says:
@Tippertaris, LOL, The Curse of the Holy Pail just sounds like it would be something funny. I might try that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 1:04:20 PM PDT
Krystal says:
Yes, I loved The Lightning Thief. I read that one!

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:04:51 PM PDT
Going to assume you've done the Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) and the Dead Until Dark: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel thing already? I like the other charlaine Harris books like Grave Sight (Harper Connelly Mysteries, Book 1) and Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard Mysteries, Book 1). Those are some go to popcorn books

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 1:09:17 PM PDT
L. Housley says:
They're all good. I also like the Kane Chronicles books. They're a little darker, i think, but I like them. The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid I'd say anything by Rick Riordan is probably good. ;)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:06:39 PM PST
SANDY says:
I am reading new author Books, I have found a short story author, very new but has a gift for story telling, I like her romance stories and her historical stories... they are eye opener's .. I know one big is going big. All she needs is a book club or the right push. how do I get her there...

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:09:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 9:14:01 PM PST
If you enjoyed "The Hunger Games", you might like "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. If you enjoyed Harry Potter, you might like "The Dark is Rising" series by Susan Cooper, or the "Spooks Apprentice" series by Joseph Delaney.

I forgot links, sorry!

Divergent
The Dark Is Rising
The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch (Book 1)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:12:34 PM PST
Percy Jackson & The Olympians (by Rick Riordan) was a series! & the spin-offs Heroes of Olympus ae good as well (by Rick Riordan), if you enjoyed The Hunger Games then you shall like those as well. The Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood) by Charliane Harries are some of my favorites. I highly recommend Blood & Chocolate by Annette Klaus might by my favorite book of all time so you should read that also.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:14:11 PM PST
Have you read Rick's Heroes of Olympus series? If you loved Percy Jackson then you will definitely like those. Percy, Annabeth, Grover, & Tyson make an appearance in them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
79 4 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 28 days ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 4105 1 second ago
KU was automatically using my Audible Credits 8 2 minutes ago
Books Disappear from Kindle app on Tablet 18 3 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 3267 4 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 4360 8 minutes ago
Kobo Introduces Waterproof E-Reader 25 15 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started 2 4786 15 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 1926 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions