Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Multiple Kindles on one Account

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2012 9:46:04 PM PST
I have a Kindle WiFi and have purchased a second one as a Christmas gift for my wife. She does not have an email account, and is not particularly computer literate. Also, some of her books have been purchased on my Amazon account and she has been reading them on my Kindle. Can I register my wife's Kindle on my Amazon account (along with my machine), or do I have to open a separate account for her - any books on my account would be loaded to only one Kindle at a time.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:50:42 PM PST
You can add as many Kindles to your account as you want. I currently have 15, plus a few apps.

If you and your wife both want to read a book at the same time, it's no problem. There is a limit to the number of devices that can have a book simultaneously; the default is 6. If a specific book has a different simultaneous usage limit, the book's product description page will say so.

So, by all means, register her Kindle to your account, and read the same or different books as much as you like.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 9:51:16 PM PST
The Artist says:
It's best to register her Kindle to your account so that you can share all of the content. There can be an unlimited number of Kindles or Kindle reading apps registered to an Amazon account. The only limitation is usually that a book can only be downloaded to 6 devices simultaneously, so both of you can read the same book at the same time if you so desire.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:52:01 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
You can register multiple Kindles to the same account. Typically, a particular book can be on six devices simultaneously.

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 2:57:39 PM PDT
I have one kindle with multiple amazon acct. I would like to know how to remove two of the account's. I would I go about this

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 4:13:01 PM PDT
King Al says:
A Kindle can only be registered to one account at a time. Are you saying that you want to cancel two of your accounts? If so, note that you will permanently lose access to any books under that account that are not already on your Kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions