Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

The Kandesky Vampire Chronicles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 107 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 5:33:05 PM PST
linda says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:44:55 PM PST
Dittie says:
I'm not surprised in the least.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:53:50 PM PST
dfn.ninja says:
Pass.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:57:24 PM PST
knightone525 says:
You lost me with romance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:00:54 PM PST
JES says:
Don't you have to be a teenage girl to read and like those types of books?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:31:12 PM PST
linda says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:31:54 PM PST
linda says:

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:38:49 PM PST
linda says:

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:04:59 AM PST
Unless you are the author, does it matter?

If you are thinking of reading the series and are concerned about how low in the sales ranking they are why not just read the samples to see if they are your cup of tea?

If you are concerned about customer reviews or the lack thereof, read the samples.

If you read and enjoy the series it doesn't matter if others don't share your joy.

If you have read and hated the series you have your answer.

Personally, I have read the samples--they are dreadfully boring. The author needs to learn "show don't tell" among other things.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:16:04 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
"So many" "seem not to like it" - ? You base this on half a page of responses on an internet forum?

It is beginning to appear more and more with each post you make that you are the book's author or a relative/friend of the author and you are trying to push people into buying this author's books. You are doing the author no favors by continuing to harp on "why don't people like it/want to buy it, they should."

You like it, fine. Other people don't - and don't have to. They also don't have to discuss the book. The more you push, the more negative responses you - and the author - will receive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:21:14 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
I was wondering that as well. How does this person know how many people have read it? On what basis does she say that "so many seem to not like it"? Based on the two books (at the top of her review list - I'm not interested enough to check further down) that linda reviewed herself, the few reviews are all (suspiciously) positive.

This kind of book interests me not at all but this is an odd OP.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:47:53 AM PST
linda says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:49:28 AM PST
linda says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:53:57 AM PST
Why are you "trying to help the author" here on THIS forum? You can start a discussion on one of the author's books' product pages... Scroll down its page and click "Start a Discussion."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:54:48 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"Yes I am trying to help the author.."

Then write a nice review for the books and give them 5 stars..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:10:29 AM PST
Okay, wait, now I am confused. You know her, or you don't? You are friends with her, or you aren't? It's a big deal because this isn't the place to do product research for/not for an author that you know/don't know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:21:48 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
And you have nothing better to do that persist in trying to get attention for these books. Too bad for the author you're trying to "help" that it's negative attention.

"Is it terrible to try to help some one to find out what the books are lacking so the author who is new can improve."

You just so gave yourself away there, hon. Bad Fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:34:06 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
She gave herself away with "Is it terrible to try to help some one to find out what the books are lacking so the author who is new can improve."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:21:47 AM PST
Debi says:
It's the internet, you need thick skin. I'm not sure how one would know if not very many people are reading it? Not everyone reviews if that's your thought, I certainly don't.

First for me, I wouldn't take them for free as they are too short (2 of the 3) Secondly being touted as romance would turn me away. I don't mind romance in a book since it's hard to avoid. Third, it's pretty obvious you have some kind of connection here or you would have quit posting after the first post.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:40:24 AM PST
linda says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:45:26 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
We've all heard that one before.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:47:36 AM PST
Debi says:
As a long time moderator on another board it's been proven over and over that those who protest the most are usually guilty.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:51:41 AM PST
Old Rocker says:
the guilty dog syndrome?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:21:38 PM PST
Debi says:
LOL, pretty much. I'm always amazed how many people will go down lieing rather than just suck it up and admit they were trying to pull a fast one. Most of the time it's not very hard to verify if you're a mod.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:23:25 PM PST
Dittie says:
Smells of dirty socks to me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions