Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Trade up for the new kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2012 8:21:36 AM PDT
Herman says:
Will we be able to trade in our kindle fire even is they are less than 1 year old for the new kindle fire HD

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:23:52 AM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Yes there is a trade in program, it is offered by a 3rd party on Amazon. Currently you can get $83.50 if it is in good shape:

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:40:07 AM PDT
J Waits USA says:
Can I trade in a Kindle Keyboard and get a reduced price on the Kindle Fire HD? Your page says the Kindle Fire can hold other types of documents such as PDF, DOCX, etc. Are they only stored, as on a USB drive, or can they be viewed/edited?

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:41:46 AM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Yes you can trade in any Kindle, you get a Amazon gift card then you can apply to any purchase once the trade in is processed.

They can viewed not sure about edited though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:43:48 AM PDT
Joanne - See the Kindle Trade In Program in the link provided above your post.

If a document type is listed, then it is readable with the Kindle Ap. You will need other aps to edit.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:51:05 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
Joanne, as far as e-book reader component of Fire is concerned, the same types of content is supported as on your Keyboard, with the addition of new K8 format suitable for picturebooks, comics, books enhanced with multimedia etc. To see them in that reader, Office files still have to be converted. However, there are application capable of displaying Office documents directly, and even editing them to some extent. Search for Office in Kindle app store.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 12:16:11 AM PDT
there is no trade in europe

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 12:16:40 AM PDT
only in the us

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 2:16:46 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
Samuel, I am sure there is a way to sell your old device locally. You can also give it away as a donation or a very nice present.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:41:56 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:50:09 PM PDT
King Al says:
As stated above, you will get a maximum of $83.50 for it.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 8:00:56 PM PDT
Link says:
My kindle fire has a cracked screen but is less than a year old. . . Could i still trade for a reduced price? There is nothing wrong with anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 8:03:41 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Does it still work? If so then yes but with a crack in it you will not get the maximun price, they will deduct some for it.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 8:06:07 PM PDT
Link says:
The screen works perfectly fine. Its just cracked decently ruining the display. Would replacing the screen ruin the value?

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:06:20 PM PST
L. Blain says:
Would I be able to trade in an older regular Kindle and get something towards a new Kindle Fire/HD... And if so, how would I transfer the books on my old Kindle to the new one?

Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 1:22:08 PM PST
J. Donahue says:
The content you've purchase stays with your account, not with the device. When you get the new device, and you register it to your existing Amazon account, you will be able to access all the electronic media content you've purchased from Amazon in the past.

With the trade in question, that was answered several times earlier in this thread. Did you not see that?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:21:18 PM PST
Heather Bell says:
If u trade a new kindle fire for the gift card does it give the the full amount back at which u paid for it , bc then I would like to purchase a kindle fire hd?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:33:04 AM PST
King Al says:
No, you will not get the full value back. Assuming you have the original 1st generation Fire, the trade-in program will give you a maximum of $60.25.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:02:42 AM PST
G. Nadeau says:
Which of the kindles support the program for children?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:44:23 AM PST
A. Dietz says:
Do you mean Kindle FreeTime? The 2nd Generation Kindle Fire and the Kindle Fire HD models support FreeTime. If you're talking about something else you need to be more specific.

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 6:48:55 PM PDT
E. Savage says:
Would the protection plan transfer if I upgrade. Kindle is less than a year but due to vision impairment we need the HD. The fire was purchased for Christmas

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 6:56:22 PM PDT
There is no upgrade type trade in however the new Kindle will have the same one year warranty as your original one did. If you purchased an extended warranty it was through a 3rd party, not Amazon. You would need to contact them about transferring it to the new Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2013 10:03:47 PM PDT
Herman, be sure to research the trade in service thoroughly. There have been many complaints from people that the company says their Kindle is in only fair condition and giving you peanuts for it. Or somehow the original boxes disappear.

I think you'd be much better off and get more money selling it yourself on eBay or Craigslist.

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 10:26:42 PM PDT
northeast says:
Well, i kept my first gen fire and bought the 8.9 hd and can ocassionally be found working both at once (no wireless issues). Excessive but they each have device specific talents and one becomes so attached....

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 8:52:06 AM PDT
I will be buying a Kindle Fire hd tablet. Can I get the books on my old kindle transferred to the kindle fire tablet?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
57 3 hours ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 Sep 18, 2015
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 Sep 18, 2015
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
what is special offers 1 16 seconds ago
I Guess Amazon Sold A Bunch Of New Fires??? 4 2 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat (FB&C) November 2015 1170 2 minutes ago
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 6780 6 minutes ago
Screen protector 15 7 minutes ago
Two echo devices sharing one Amazon (and Prime) account 70 8 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Bible app for use off/on Internet 25 8 minutes ago
Can you play M4V videos on Kindle Fire? 12 12 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions