Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

tilt is backwards

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 9:04:05 PM PST
Eric Catron says:
i have a kindle fire hd 7" and a kindle fire. i downloaded stick stunt biker and played it on both tablets. on the original fire if you tilt the tablet counterclockwise the rider leans back and clockwise for forward. on the Fire HD it operates opposite of the original fire, meaning if you rotate counterclockwise the rider leans forward and clockwise for back. i went through the game settings and found nothing. I tried rotating the kindle 180 degrees and the screen did not flip. does anyone know any fix for this?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:18:43 AM PST
Eric Catron says:
anyone ?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:09:39 AM PST
Fud53 says:
Perhaps you don't realize it's a "kindle" forum...not a "kindle app/gamer" forum...there is a difference...

someone

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:16:04 AM PST
Pick one device or the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:38:11 AM PST
Bufo Calvin says:
Eric, you might want to write to the app studio. They may have changed the game controls for the different devices.

Also, just to be clear, the vast majority of the responses here are from Kindle owners like you (that includes me), so you can't always count on a quick response. I'm guessing you are on the West coast (as I am), and responses to slow down as it gets later back East (I believe you posted at around midnight Eastern time).

If you want to get help from Amazon right away, you can always do that. Start at

http://www.amazon.com.kindlesupport

You'll see a

Contact Us

button.

This was an appropriate place to post your question, by the way. It is a Kindle forum, and thereby embraces all things Kindle, including content. Each of the devices have their own forum, as will the app you mentioned. You could also try posting your question there.

Is your Kindle generally rotating the screen? If not, swipe down from the top on the KFHD, and you'll see an icon on your far left that says "Locked" or "Unlocked". If it is locked, it will not rotate. Some apps also suppress the ability to rotate while they are being used.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:45:45 AM PST
Eric Catron says:
the rotate is not locked. the rotate function works properly other than that game and one other from the same company.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:53:34 AM PST
Then like Bufo said you need to talk to the developers of that app. The problem is clearly not with the Fire, but how the app is reading the tilt sensor.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:12:46 AM PST
Eric Catron says:
perhaps you don' t realize that maybe i considered the possibility that just maybe there was some setting that i was unaware of that could cause/eliminate this issue. I surely could not find any information regarding this issue in my owners manual, now could i?

But thank you anyway for your response.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:49:11 AM PST
Just ignore Fud - he only comes here to annoy people.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions