Initial post: Nov 17, 2011 4:49:10 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 17, 2011 6:12:05 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 5:07:11 AM PST
You can't at this time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 6:40:35 AM PST
which is just stupid

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 12:49:47 PM PST
sam says:
just password protect your device if you're afraid of people seeing what you read. or stop being afraid of what people think.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 5:17:01 PM PST
Abbeyphile says:
This needs to change. I want to archive books like I did with my original kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 5:21:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 5:22:12 PM PST
Your archive has nothing to do with a particular Kindle, it's just a list of books that you bought from Amazon. An archive is associated with an Amazon account, and the content in an archive is available to any device or app registered to that account, including a Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 5:23:58 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2012 11:33:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 5:29:48 PM PST
Lectrice says:
If you want to move something to the archive, tap it and select "remove from device." from the menu. That puts it in the archive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2011 3:10:31 AM PST
L. Clark says:
That doesn't remove the book from the carousel, which is what we're trying to do.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 10:14:05 AM PST
Lectrice says:
Ignore the carousel and select "books," "music," or whatever. It's just an opening screen that makes its easy to return to whatever you were doing last. You don't have to look at or touch anything on the carousel.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 1:59:15 PM PST
DReviewer says:
That's a show stopper that I hadn't considered.
I'll have to return the Fire.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 2:28:40 PM PST
Serene Night says:
I have one book that is erotica with a really cheesy cover. But I feel if people snoop on my kindle they get to enjoy the fun cover art.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 6:20:23 PM PST
Sirenaleona says:
This is ridiculous! Why can't I hide my books? I usually only keep the books that I'm reading on my Kindle, not my whole collection. It's absurd! I'm seriously considering returning my Kindle Fire. It annoys me to lose that control.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 7:31:20 PM PST
D. Flair says:
The family shares the 2 kindles we own and we do NOT Like that we can't hide the carousel on the kindle fire. AMAZON please have a fix for this in an update.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 12:45:01 AM PST
I agree about hiding. Not everyone needs to see what I'm reading. I feel the same way about Netflix's "recently watched" list too (odd that I've brought up Netflix in back-to-back posts about Kindle). When I brought this topic up in the Netflix fan forum, I was hit with the stupid "well don't watch it then." There are a ton of reasons why we should be able to hide them (be it books or movies). It doesn't mean it's all filth. Well okay, maybe some filth but not ALL. ;)

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 1:25:25 AM PST
C A says:
Between the carousel and the inability to sort books into some kind of reasonable order so you can find something to read on those boring days when ya just want to kick back, Amazon has done a classic bait and switch.

Amazon dangled it in front of us and promoted their new KINDLE. Look! See! Read! Plus THE WEB!!! Right here in your new KINDLE!!!

The Fire is not really a "Kindle" but a door into the store to buy products. Bait and Switch. The carousel and no way to sort libraries prove it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 3:28:31 AM PST
S. Miller says:
Exactly! I have my kids and nieces/nephews always itching to look at the fire (even over my iPhone) and I have some questionable book covers in there! LOL Makes for some second looks & giggles, but I'd prefer to avoid.

I try to direct them to go right to Apps and look from there....

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 5:07:08 AM PST
S.M.1001 says:
Amazon needs to make this a priority in an upgrade for kindle fire. Our kids do not need to see what we have on it! We need some parental control over our kindle!

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 5:16:39 AM PST
TexasNancy says:
We heard 2 days ago that an update was coming to address most or all of the improvements that are mentioned above.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 6:11:41 AM PST
Maverick says:
Just got a kindle fire for xmas, the fact that i cant hide books freaks me out! :O I may return it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 6:23:39 AM PST
Claire says:
The Kindle Fire now has a function to remove items from your carousel.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 5:00:00 PM PST
Dharma says:
would you care to share how one removes items from the carousel?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 5:03:55 PM PST
long press on the item that you want to delete on the carousel and the option will pop up to delete it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 5:51:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2011 6:08:43 PM PST
Maverick says:
Update: Called Amazon support and they were able to walk me through updating my software, with that was able to remove files from my carousel. Still have the challenge with my bookself. Will call support again...hpoefully I will have the same good results.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 8:05:46 PM PST
Claire says:
When I do the long press, I get the option to remove from my carousel. I don't have to delete off my kindle.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  120
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions