Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Video Store locked into LoveFilm Content on Kindle Fire HD (can't find the digital video store anymore!)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 3:35:38 PM PDT
Flipip says:
Hey There,
I have sent three messages about this to Amazon but i have heard nothing back from them. To put a long story short, i got my kindle fire, my first impressions were good but i am having a major problem with the video store. I looked at it on the first day i got the kindle and i could see new releases like "The Cabin in the Woods" and "Avengers Assemble", all available for rental or purchase in SD or HD. I was planning on buying a few since i am going on holiday soon and want a few movies to watch during the flight, but when i tried to access it again, only the banner at the top would load, not the content. I waited until the next day and then opened up the video store again hoping it would load but i ended up getting a prompt saying i should start my free LoveFilm trial (with no option to say no) As soon as this was activated I was locked into the LoveFilm content. I can't switch it back to the other video store, i can't even find that content anymore. I even tried cancelling the free trial (which i have now lost completely) in the hopes that it would revert back to the original store, but no joy and i tried restoring the kindle back to factory settings. Anyway, my point is, what happened to that original video store? I don't want the lovefilm content there! At least not if it locks me out of the other content and i can't access it anywhere else! i am trying to give money to Amazon so that i can watch a movie anywhere on the kindle, not only through streaming! Can anyone help me please?

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:38:23 PM PDT
What is "LoveFilm" and why do you have a trial for which you can't "say no?"

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:40:28 PM PDT
Flipip says:
LoveFilm is the digital streaming and postal service for both movies and games that Amazon bought a while back, you can access the digital streaming through the kindle in a wifi hotspot etc. As for why i had to accept the trial, i don't know, Amazon forcing you to try something and they hope you will like it and give them money for it? You would have to ask them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:40:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 15, 2012 12:55:16 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:41:01 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
LoveFilm is what the UK has instead of Amazon videos - they only get a free one month trial of it, then it's pay monthly charges

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:41:32 PM PDT
dfn.ninja says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoveFilm

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:42:17 PM PDT
Are you in the UK by chance?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:43:20 PM PDT
Flipip says:
Indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:44:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 15, 2012 12:55:16 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:46:18 PM PDT
Flipip says:
Probably should have headed there first, i guess i navigated here by accident, sorry about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:49:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 15, 2012 12:55:17 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:53:12 PM PDT
Hope you get an answer. Being in the States, I had never heard of it before.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:55:25 PM PDT
Flipip says:
I hope i do too, it is just so frustrating right now, i can't seem to find an answer online at all, some people seem to swear that there is only streaming on the kindle and you can only get movies on it by either ripping the mp4 file from a DVD you own or by buying an mp4 from online. I know i saw that video store so i have no idea why it isn't there now or why no one at Amazon has gotten back to me already :/

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:55:53 PM PDT
Flipip says:
Anyway, thanks for the replies, it is greatly appreciated :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:26:01 PM PST
Jas says:
I have the same problem. Feels like my videos section of kindle fire hd has been hijacked by lovefilm and settings can't be changed (even factory ones) to restore it to the sideload friendly setup i had at the outset. I may have clicked on a lovefilm popup or something that started this happening. Anyone know how to get out of it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:21:08 AM PST
I am also having the same problem :(

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:19:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 4:20:37 PM PST
R. Watts says:
I also can only access lovefilm and I'm very unhappy about it!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:41:50 AM PST
Dan B Read says:
same here. I was thinking of paying for Amazon prime, but can't access the video content due to stupid lovefilm. come on Amazon, tell us how to remove it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:44:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 2:52:25 AM PST
Dan, I see, by your profile, that you are in London. Amazon Prime Instant Video only works in the US of A.

For the Amazon Video Store:
"To purchase, download, or stream movies and TV shows, you must be physically present in the U.S. and have a U.S. billing address."

And from the "Amazon Instant Video Terms of Use" page:
5. LIMITED TO U.S.
"Due to restrictions placed on us by our content providers, we are currently only able to make the Service available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Service if you are outside of the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, Alaska and Hawaii. "

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:44:48 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
Amazon Prime on amazon.com is only for those who live in the US

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 5:01:01 AM PDT
PEGGITY says:
My Kindle Fire is also stuck with a demand for the love film pass word which I have never wanted - what to do ?
Brian B.

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 11:14:46 AM PDT
D. Slominski says:
I just want it off my kindle so I can watch mp4 content locally downloaded. I'd get love film if it had anything decent to watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2013 11:25:18 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
If you're in the UK you'd get more replies by posting in the UK forum.

To view your mp4 movies you need to install the Personal Videos app from the Cloud. When you open it you'll see your movies listed. The Videos tab on the Home screen is only for Lovefilm.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2013 6:18:02 PM PDT
Flipip says:
We all know that, the problem here is not that we can't put our own videos on and watch them in the personal videos section, the problem is that when I first started up my Kindle Fire HD all that time ago when I created this post (and amazon still haven't done anything despite numerous attempts to contact them, often just ignoring me) I was able to press the videos tab and it opened up a video store very similar to the one iTunes uses, it ha very recent releases that you could buy or rent and I was really looking forward to using it. The next day I was forced to start a trial for LoveFilm and had no option to opt out, and ever since then, it completely locked out the video store, instead forcing us to browse the crappy LoveFilm library. This is stupid for several reasons; only being able to stream videos on a wifi only device isn't really a great idea for when you are on the move, I wanted to be able to buy films from amazon to watch on the plane for example and I wanted to get fairly recent films. It is also weird since I know the video store exists, I saw it, so where the hell did it go?

To e perfectly honest, I find it very hard to care now, I am sick of amazon just outright if ignoring us and not giving an explanation as well as constantly screwing their uk customers over (the US have a full video store and they have full audible integration, often being able to buy both the book and audio from the kindle store, and it is very cheap doing it that way!). I just don't understand their reasoning, a uk movie store exists, I saw it, why take it away and lose a hue revenue stream like that? Why lock us out of content and force us to use LoveFilm when that is not a very good option for this device. The video tab should take you to a video store, LoveFilm should be a seperate app. Anyway, rant over, amazon are not going to help us any time soon, they just don't care. I got around the problem by simply buying the DVDs, ripping and compressing the files then putting those on my kindle and watching them through the VLC Player app (I prefer the resolution it can give me) thanks for nothing amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2013 6:34:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 1, 2013 7:13:56 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions