Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Charles River Editors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 7:22:44 AM PST
Surveyah says:
http://www.amazon.com/Charles-River-Editors/e/B006K1DIAW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

I saw several publications by this company on ereaderiq.com this morning. I haven't read them yet but I did pick up the following titles:

American Legends: The Salem Witch Trials

British Legends: The Life and Legacy of J.R.R. Tolkien

Decisive Moments in History: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy

there are a lot of free titles.....most are about $2.99. Looks like cliff notes for quick reading or brushing up. I wanted the one on Tolkien to read before I went to see The Hobbit :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:35:48 AM PST
G. McNeil says:
Boy, Surveyah, some very interesting titles.

Be sure and review them when you can. I looked at 5 or 6, and little to no reviews yet.

Thanks for the heads up... All I need is more stuff to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:38:31 AM PST
Surveyah says:
LMAO - we ALL need more stuff to read...don't we? :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:17:14 AM PST
Surveyah says:
I should add that it looks like most of these titles are loanable for Prime members.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:49:24 AM PST
Thanks! I've been snagging books like these for a while, against the time that I know my kid will need to do biography/historical reports.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:57:59 AM PST
Surveyah says:
"Thanks! I've been snagging books like these for a while, against the time that I know my kid will need to do biography/historical reports."

A lot of these have bibliographies at the end....so that's another resource. My experience with some of these history summaries is that you have to look at their sources, if they are offered, and see how relevant and/or pertinent they might be.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:01:14 AM PST
Good point. On a 3rd-4th grade level, we've already had to do a couple of them, and so far books like these have served more for very broad strokes, and to jog mom's memory about what directions to steer the small researcher toward. :0)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:22:39 AM PST
Surveyah says:
I scanned through the Salem Witch Trial one, and it seems to be be quite concise and thorough though brief, and does contain a lot of useful information to follow up on. I am using some of that information for either a short story or a novel (not sure which yet) that I am working on.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:21:12 PM PST
Surveyah says:
I have to say that the illustrations present themselves much better on my tablet than my KK - but i guess we all knew that already :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:22:52 PM PST
I got the Native American Icons. It looks pretty good on my Fire HD.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:30:10 PM PST
Surveyah says:
as soon as i get some gift cards for xmas (crosses fingers), I am gonna pick up some more of these:

American Legends: The Lewis and Clark Expedition

Meeting at Little Bighorn: The Lives and Legacies of George Custer, Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse

The Last Emperor of the Aztecs: The Life and Legacy of Montezuma
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions