Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Cookin' in the Kindle Kitchen: Recipes, Chat, Fun and Laughter!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2012 8:12:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 5:44:22 AM PDT
Regardless of the weather and wherever you may be, it is a bright new day here in the new "Kindle Kitchen". This is your place to post and share your favorite recipes. If you need a recipe, just ask and chances are that a fellow "Kindle Chef" can help you out.

Over and above the recipes, this is a warm and friendly room to chat with others about most anything. So, always feel free to stop by and just say hello and share some exciting news.

We have a number of people who have participated and tracked the old "Kitchen" thread, but at times, very few active participants in the discussions. To those who may be lurking in the shadows and picking up some of the great recipes, come on in and join in the fun and friendship.

May we please ask posters and lurkers to not hesitate and use the up-vote button, as this will show us that the posts are being read and enjoyed.

So, please pull up a chair, grab your Kindle, get comfortable, dig out those recipe cards, and join in the conversation. We hope you will enjoy your visit.

DISCLAIMER: This is a public forum and by posting your recipe, you are giving any and all forum members permission to use and copy.

*** For those of you new that are visiting the "Kindle Kitchen" for the first time, and would like to check out all the wonderful recipes from our previous thread before we moved to a new room, please click on the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=401&cdThread=Tx34N9AGX73BT53#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:20:11 AM PDT
I came to check out the new room. Am I the first one?

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:21:27 AM PDT
Good Morning "Kindle Chefs" ...

Welcome the new morning with a smile on your face,
Love in your heart,
Good thoughts in your mind, and you will have a wonderful day.

Hugs to all for a beautiful day ... Princess

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:22:14 AM PDT
Jimi says:
Thanks for starting a new thread! I'm now tracking it in my email.

I was just eyeing your DELICIOUS TRIPLE LAYER CARROT CAKE (http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_up_redir?_encoding=UTF8&cdERR=dbsvcGeneral&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=400&cdShowEdit=Mx190AMI1I5R7DH&cdThread=Tx34N9AGX73BT53#cdPostBox_Mx190AMI1I5R7DH). Cakes are my weakness. I love the idea to include cinnamon in the cream cheese icing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:22:22 AM PDT
Vickie ... Yippee, you made it and you are the first post ... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:23:12 AM PDT
Grandma Bon says:
I am a long time Lurker but have enjoyed many many many recipes given on this lovely friendly forum. Happy to be aboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:24:23 AM PDT
Ripley ... Hi there!

Yes, I agree with you that cakes are my weakness, too. And, the cinnamon in the cream cheese frosting ... YUM!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:25:26 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
Thanks for continuing this thread!

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:26:01 AM PDT
GnomeEd says:
Glad I found the new room! :)

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:32:34 AM PDT
Hi Princess,

Congrats on your opening of the new kitchen. Already a warm and friendly feeling in here. I'm looking forward to the recipes and the chat with fellow Kindle Chefs. Hey, you lurkers........cone on in......coffee now being served. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:33:46 AM PDT
quilt lover ... So happy to hear from you.

Yes, continuing the thread is wonderful to me, too. I have so enjoyed the beautiful people that continue to support the thead and the wonderful recipes and friendship that we have shared.

Looking so forward to hearing from you again real soon ... Joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:34:35 AM PDT
Ed ... Hello Stranger!

I've been wondering where you have been hiding, and you have been missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:40:33 AM PDT
GnomeEd says:
Thank you! :)

I've been outdoors a lot lately.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:44:54 AM PDT
pollifax says:
Hi, so glad I read your detour sign about the new forum. I am out of town taking care of my ninety year old mom and just happened to check email which is where I follow you. I would have been so sad to have lost this wonderful greeting for the day. Happy one month anniversary.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:46:58 AM PDT
Good Morning Ed,

Haven't seen you in quite awhile. You are quite the outdoors man. Got some good outdoors recipes? Be sure and share with the rest of us. :)

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:48:15 AM PDT
pollifax ... Happy to see and hear from you. I do hope all is going well with your mom. I remember the days a few years ago when my mom reached 93 and needed that special TLC. My thoughts and prayers will be with you always.

Please stay in touch when you have time, and thanks for your anniversary wishes ... ((HUGS)) Joyce

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:50:13 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
A beautiful kitchen I see`~`~~~ already full of wonderful smells and great people...Thanks for the discussions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:50:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2012 8:52:07 AM PDT
GnomeEd says:
Good morning! :)

I'm going deep sea fishing Saturday for rock cod, so I'll have some recipies for that. :)

One of the things I do want is a outdoor cat iron dutch oven. :)

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:52:45 AM PDT
Avid Reader ... H-E-L-L-O!

It is always a beautiful day when we hear from you.

Thanks always for being a big part of the "Kindle Kitchen" family ... Joyce

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:55:21 AM PDT
A wish for a good morning to all of our friends who have found the new kitchen. This is your room so don't hesitate to post recipes or just drop by to chat a bit. Don't forget to up vote when you see something you like. It lets us know that the posts are being read. This goes for those who lurk also. As "shy Irish Lad" myself, I understand what it is to hesitate to join in. Since the kitchen is open 24 / 7 drop in anytime.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:58:21 AM PDT
Ed,

I've done that kind of fishing and I still remember the numbness in my right arm and shoulder after a day on the boat. Lots of lead weight and even with a long extension handle on the reel, it is a lot work. Hope you have a good catch.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:58:40 AM PDT
Joyce, the "new kitchen" is so beautiful; bright and cheery. Thank you so much for making it possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 9:03:37 AM PDT
Ed ... Do you want me to send you a gift certificate for some dry ice so that you can send us some fresh fish. But, of course, you will clean it for us ... right? :-)

Hope your fishing is great for you, and be sure to let us know how you do!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 9:04:39 AM PDT
Elizabeth ... :-)

The kitchen wouldn't be beautiful, bright and cherry without you!

Hugs ... Joyce

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 9:17:20 AM PDT
Princess, did you get your Aga cooker with this new kitchen? Which colour??
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
86 11 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK #78 and still going! 3627 43 seconds ago
lending library 19 1 minute ago
Finding KOLL books after introduction of KU 19 3 minutes ago
Low internal storage space on Kindle Fire 313 5 minutes ago
Silkworm- One of the worst books I have tried to peruse 6 6 minutes ago
How to Cancel Kindle Unlimited 109 7 minutes ago
August 2014 Informal Poll - What Are You Reading Now? 338 9 minutes ago
Half of screen goes black 6 9 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  133
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions