Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do i re-register my old kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 4:20:41 PM PDT
E. Smith says:
I want to give my old kindle to my husband. How do i re-register it to him so he can order and pay for his own books?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 4:22:43 PM PDT
Does he have an existing Amazon account? You would register it to that account.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:26:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2012 1:27:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:12:55 AM PST
JJulieJ says:
You might want to consider using the one account for all your books. Then you can share them. We do this. The account is in my name but my husband has access to it, and buys his books whenever he wants to. I use gift certificates to buy our books, rather than having lots of small credit card transactions. I keep the gift certificate balance topped up and keep track of what we each spend on a spreadsheet - note this is mostly to check that I don't overspend since I'm a speed reader LOL. I just update the spread sheet from MYK a couple of times a month.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:39:18 AM PST
Dragi Raos says:
I strongly agree with Julie's suggestion - once you start buying books on separate accounts, there is no way to combine them, and lending works only on small portion of all Amazon books.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:01:51 AM PST
Fritz Jensen says:
My kindle fire went through the washing machine. When I buy a new one how do I find out what my registration was on the old one so I can retrieve my old data?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 9:05:37 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
It's all on your Amazon account. So long as you register the new Fire to the same acount it will automatically have access to all of the books, apps, and other content that was on your old Fire.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions