Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Asus Transformer Infinity?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 1:58:25 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
I've seen discussions here for the iPad, the Nexus 7 and of course the Fire. I haven't seen any discussion about the Asus Transformer

So since I am looking for a tablet, what do you all have to say about the ASUS?

Pros? Cons? Other info or thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:00:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 2:01:38 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
There is nothing wrong with ASUS. They are a top quality company. They actually make the Nexus for Google. Personally I own a Toshiba Thrive which I love. Most of the Android tablets are pretty decent.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:12:41 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
The ASUS seems to have quite a bit of stuff packed into it, 2 cameras, a few sensors and GPS.

The only thing it doesn't have is free 4G! :)

So I'm wondering if anyone has one and if they like it?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:23:02 AM PST
RDW says:
I've been using an ASUS Transformer TF300 at work and really like it. There were a few issues at first with wifi lag but the latest firmware updates seem to have fixed that. My only complaint is sound, 2 front facing speakers would be much better than the single rear facing speaker. I believe the Infinity would be much the same only better: better screen, faster processor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:01:55 AM PST
The geek who was here Friday installing my new work pc ~raved~ about the Thrive (and wouldn't shut up about anything, really, to the point that I texted my boss and begged him to call the office line with some urgent task for me).

But if UberGeek liked the Thrive, I take that to be a high endorsement!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:39:19 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
For me there is so much to love about it. It has a user replaceable battery for one. It also has a full sized SD card slot, USB port and HDMI port. The backs are also replaceable. I also like it because it is thicker than the other tablets. I like the solidness of it in my hands. And now that Toshiba updated us to ICS it is even better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:41:37 AM PST
That's what Geekazoid said, that he likes the way it sets in his hands. Exactly. It's a nice device. I'm not in the market, but after handling his (ybik), I might lean toward one, if the time comes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 6479 13 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 8808 24 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 780 32 minutes ago
Deleteing Books on Kindle Fire 1 38 minutes ago
I'm unable to download book 20 1 hour ago
can't update kindle from 5.7.2.1 to 5.7.4 9 2 hours ago
Meet Mr. Mosquito (free picture book) 2 2 hours ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 9254 2 hours ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2077 3 hours ago
what happens if a kindle book is deleted? 65 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions