Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How can I use Thai keyboard on Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2012 1:40:20 PM PST
I am Thai, I want to use Thai keyboard to communicate with my family, please tell me how can I do it

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 2:43:52 PM PST
Fud53 says:
Please call amazon as they can answer your question. This is not tech support for amazon, but a collection of mostly well meaning(with some motherly types)folks who other than owning a kindle have no real kindle technical expertise than what anyone who owns electronic devices would know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 3:25:29 PM PST
Sorry Fud53, that may describe you but not all of us.

Amazon does not provide a method to select a Thai keyboard, but if you search for "Kindle Fire international keyboard" you might find this set of instructions: http://blog.gerozahn.de/2011/11/kindle-fire-keyboard-layouts-solved/

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 6:09:29 PM PST
Count me among the "mostly" group Fud53 isn't in. The site Bruce references has good instructions, but unfortunately for you (and my wife who is from Ubon Ratchathani) Thai is not one of the languages that can be activated. Sorry. I'll bookmark this page and if I'm able to figure it out I'll post it here.

ด้วยคว;ามปราũ9;ถนาดี

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:39:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 23, 2012 10:44:09 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:46:58 PM PDT
Jimmy H. says:
Go to http://virtualthaikeyboard.blogspot.com/ on your kindle fire web browser then use copy and paste between tab; however you need to enable Flash on the web browser menu first.
if you have a question feel free to email me at ohjimmy@hotmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:49:40 PM PDT
Jimmy H. says:
Go to http://virtualthaikeyboard.... on your kindle fire web browser then use copy and paste between tab; however you need to enable Flash on the web browser menu first. if you have a question feel free to email me at ohjimmy@hotmail.com
Good Luck !

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:52:42 AM PST
Domo says:
Am Thai too ! I also have problem krub

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:04:36 AM PST
Cassie Anne says:
If Fud's description isn't accurate, how is it inaccurate?

Are you Amazon tech support? I've been led to believe Pros are regular customers, albeit ones with significant perks.

Do you have Kindle technical expertise above and beyond what most general users have?

Or is it that you aren't well-meaning?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:17:42 AM PST
How is Fud wrong? Are you anything more than an Amazon customer? NO. You are not a paid employee, (meaning cash, as in like having a real job, not as in taking perks for your forum advice), so you must be a customer.

Honestly, how difficult is it to not respond to Fud? You could have left your words of wisdom and been done with it, but noooo.

Fud is correct in his own way. NONE of us are paid Amazon Techs, and I mean Kindle Technicians. Kindle USERS.....we are all KINDLE USERS, you included.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:18:17 AM PST
Ooops, sorry. My angry fingers didn't see your excellent post.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:20:04 AM PST
Cassie Anne says:
I don't mind at all. It can't be said too many times: Pros are regular customers, even if some of them don't want to believe that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:23:29 AM PST
Gotta love zombie threads. Must be kick Fud year. It never quits. Honestly, the man can answer something in perfect form and some "pro" is going to kick his posterior for it anyhow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:30:58 AM PST
J. Gatie says:
Well, Fud has a long and storied reputation, and although he sometimes reverse-Tourettes a semi-valuable post, he's right back to his old ways within minutes. IMHO, he deserves to have his posterior kicked; if not for a random current post, then definitely for one immediately prior or following. I too think some Pros are on a power trip, but excusing Fud's antics simply because these mods are on his butt is like letting muggers beat up old ladies because some cops are crooked.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:36:41 AM PST
Some of the "more socially acceptable" posters need to refrain from jumping on Fud and simply make their helpful comments. If it takes putting Fud on ignore, then that is what they should do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:51:03 AM PST
REVERSE TOURETTES!

Phrase O'the Day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:53:04 AM PST
You KNOW you are going to offend someone........

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:55:23 AM PST
When do I not?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:02:59 AM PST
I might regret this, but I'd actually love to know what Pro's ever did to you to make you so against all of us. I can understand you not liking one or two of us, but to then direct this at all Pro's seems a bit overkill.

Also, what Bruce says is not necessarily incorrect. Some Pro's answer only from their knowledge of general use. But other Pro's actually do try everything, and try reproducing issues and playing around with settings which 'normal' customers would not do/try in normal circumstances and so do have a more expanded knowledge than your average customer. Some Pro's also have a strong IT background and have dug around in the cellars of their Kindles so to speak to give more in depth knowledge.

As for Fud, he's more often obnoxious then not. Although he does sometimes give good advice, he can be very off-putting for someone who just stumbles across the forum and is hoping for a helpful answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:42:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 9:51:13 AM PST
The Blade says:
>>>>"Also, what Bruce says is not necessarily incorrect. Some Pro's answer only from their knowledge of general use. But other Pro's actually do try everything, and try reproducing issues and playing around with settings which 'normal' customers would not do/try in normal circumstances and so do have a more expanded knowledge than your average customer."<<<<

Fud said, "mostly". See? key word. he didn't say, "all", He said, "mostly" and that is spot-on.

No one hates all the Pros, some are great, but it is awful hard to respect someone who takes shots at others just because they wear a badge. That is what happened here.

Bruce was wrong, Fud's statement was accurate (and helpful and polite). Doing what Bruce did does not do one damn thing to enable someone who is trying to do better and to help. Pros are supposed to be helpful. If you don't like Fud, see the ignore button? Use it. But in this case he was being helpful. Don't discourage that. "Nice answer, Fud" would have been far more helpful, but much less arrogant.

Yes, some Pros have a strong technical background. Some do not. So do some regulars. Again, the reason for Fud using the word "mostly".

Bruce's sole purpose for answering the way he did was to take a shot at Fud and then hide behind his shiny little badge. Ain't gonna happen here.

You wanna be a Pro and be helpful? Cool. Do THAT. But the badge gives you no special attributes. You're still just a customer with a blue tag.

Edit:
You asked.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:50:01 AM PST
Hm, I guess there are some different interpretations of 'helpful'. Fud has scared away more than one customer who was asking for help. I don't see the problem with what Bruce said. He didn't call him annoying, call him names or anything, he gently corrected. Also, he actually gave an answer to the question.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:52:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 9:53:50 AM PST
The Blade says:
Of course you don't see anything wrong with it....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:54:32 AM PST
Cassie Anne says:
Right. But we're talking about Fud in this thread. He was direct, as usual, but he wasn't rude, IMO. No need to take a pot-shot at him because he has been rude in other threads.

I've told more than one poster ignore Fud in the past, and I'm sure I will again.

Beyond that, what Hombre said. He said it better than I could have.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:59:43 AM PST
Cassie Anne says:
And WTH is Bruce to "gently correct" Fud with regard to Fud's opinion of posters on this forum?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 10:08:42 AM PST
OK, so I get and see your point that maybe this time saying something to address Fud was not called for. But Bruce also didn't attack or berate Fud, what he said was worded as a slight difference of opinion without obvious malicious intent.
What I don't get is the aftermath of pro-bashing ( to exaggerate slightly). You're making it sound like Bruce had a vicious response to Fud, which simply isn't the case.
I'm just afraid that there seem to be a lot of knee-jerk reactions from several groups, without looking at what someone actually said.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions