Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kids FreeTime Unlimited question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 180 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2012 10:32:04 AM PST
Jaded Gamer says:
I'm confused and was hoping someone could clarify. I have the 1st Gen Kindle Fire...but the Amazon PR indicates the new Kids FreeTime Unlimited service is "Available Exclusively on the All-New Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD."

Does this mean it won't work on my older Fire? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 10:34:27 AM PST
That is correct - it will not work on the older model.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 10:35:05 AM PST
Jaded Gamer says:
Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 10:41:05 AM PST
You're welcome.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:43:15 AM PST
Will Freetime be available at some point for First Generation Kindle Fire owners?!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 10:52:38 AM PST
We have no way to know for certain, but based on what's occurred with upgrades in the past, it's not likely that will happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 11:04:28 AM PST
jsh1120 says:
It's especially unlikely that FreeTime will be added to the first generation KF simply because it is an app that is tightly integrated into the KF's operating system and would require a full-fledged update of the operating system to enable the addition of FreeTime.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 11:06:59 AM PST
Courtney says:
I get that early adopters are being left out. Even though it makes me mad.
But they need to change the ad. It currently reads: Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" in the coming weeks. NOT New Kindle Fire. Grrr....

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:09:20 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2014 8:23:49 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:13:25 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2014 8:23:44 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:14:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 7:15:02 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Why did you buy it then if it didn't have what you wanted?? When I purchase a device I get it for what it has now and not for what might be added later. Seems like you are the one who is short-sighted. The first generation Fire has an older version of Android and also has less memory. More than likely it would not be able to handle the newer and updated apps and features coming out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:19:06 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2014 8:23:33 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:21:56 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Freetime is an app on the new Fire and Fire HD units. The subscription service goes along with that. Seems like you are not up to date on things that have been added to the newer units. You just want something because it is there. Oh well, doesn't matter. Stay upset and frustrated, it will not change anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:35:21 AM PST
Kristenry says:
For someone with Kringle in your name, you're not very jolly.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:36:06 AM PST
"Jazzy" Jeff -- Frustration, expressed via forums and to customer service representatives may well accomplish nothing, but they are indeed very real in this situation. We did not know that a 2nd Gen would be out, nor an HD model so soon after we made our first purchase. Some people have lives outside the computer and it's "safe" zone and can't obsess over every tech plan one of many companies will be making, whenever they decide to make them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:46:17 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
As with anything electronic there will always be a new model. The first generation Fire came out last year. When you made your purchase did the Fire have everything you wanted?? Personally I did not buy a Fire because it did not have what I wanted. I did some research and went with the Toshiba Thrive. Toshiba come out with a new model only a month later and I did not feel upset about it. My Thrive is still going strong and still does everything I wanted. I would not expect any new features of he newer unit to be added to my unit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:47:33 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Why, because I am not giving you an answer that you like?

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:53:14 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 6, 2012 7:54:46 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:56:52 AM PST
J. Gatie says:
I wonder how un-jolly a reply has to be to get Amazapped in under a minute!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 7:59:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 8:00:24 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
At least I don't have entitlement issues. In case you didn't know Prime is a shipping program which I am sure gives you quality 2 day shipping. You think that just because you spend $79 a year you should be entitled to everything that Amazon offers for newer devices?? Get real. Some people are way too funny.

Edited to add: it didn't take Amazon long at all to remove that post, hehehehe.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:00:57 AM PST
I'll try this again, because I guess amazon didn't like my tone, but the Kindle DID have everything we wanted when we bought it this past summer. We did not know there was going to be an app we would want that would not work because of a hardware upgrade that was not available at the time of our purchase. So, you're not-so-subtle attempts at tech superiority here and attempted "shaming" of those that were so unfortunate as to buy a 1st gen are really out of place here.

We're the demo for this because we bought the kindle for a KID and are also PRIME members, so Amazon has really done us a tremendous disservice here on all fronts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:04:23 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
A disservice for something that was never promised to begin with?? Yup, entitlement issues. Enjoy your holidays and I hope this doesn't keep you all depressed. Plenty of things to be thankful for out there....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:07:08 AM PST
well, from your post, I can pretty much figure out what was said - not by whom, but I can figure out that they think Amazon should give them an HD since they have Prime. Yikes! You are right, way too much into thinking they are owed everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:08:01 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:08:19 AM PST
No, you have some kind of Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to amazon and their like apparently. You're also being incredibly obtuse (and rude), which is not terribly surprising. I'm aware what Prime is, as a member, and also, it's an evolving program, or do you think it's just about the shipping?

I should have the same options as those that have a 2nd Gen kindle, it's not all that complicated to see and understand that viewpoint. And really, it doesn't matter at all what YOU think, it matters what Amazon thinks...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Software Update for Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle
0 15 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
books not showing up on kindle 2 1 minute ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 6364 2 minutes ago
Fire Phone Discussion 250 3 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 3238 7 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - August 2015 819 8 minutes ago
too sensitive 14 12 minutes ago
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 7389 12 minutes ago
can I transfer books from my 2nd Kindle to my 1st Kindle 0 13 minutes ago
Contacting Amazon for recent letter excluding my TV from Prime 108 17 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  180
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions