Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

So Kindle Fire HD now cost more than Nexus 7

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 66 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2012 5:42:02 AM PDT
K. Zhao says:
Why? Nexus 7 is much better device. It has GPS, faster processor, access to Google play (much more apps) Thinner and lighter. BTW, when you compare prices of kindle HP make sure you add $15 for ad removal and $10 for charger. This is so you can compare the apple to apple.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:43:50 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Then go buy a Nexus.

Bye

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:06:48 AM PDT
Just Theo says:
But I already have a prime membership for free shipping. Now i get to watch Prime movies for free. I kept the ads and have gotten good deals. It came with a charger, the usb cable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:24:45 AM PDT
K. Zhao says:
It doesn't come with charger unless you bought it separably. Initially amazon charged $20 then cut the price to $10. Also, you can watch your prime movies on Nexus 7 or Ipad device. Amazon has an app for that. So no reason to buy Fire at this price. Maybe at $150 makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:27:30 AM PDT
Then don't buy one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:31:12 AM PDT
K. Zhao says:
Don't worry, I won't. Neither should anyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:32:23 AM PDT
and you think we care about your opinion? incorrect, we dont, good bye

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:32:50 AM PDT
The day I allow YOU to decide what I should buy will be the 12th of never.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:33:47 AM PDT
I'm happy you're here to guard poor little me from making stupid choices. Now, for dinner, should I go and eat a schnitzel, or will a currywurst be better for me? And should I leave work at 5.30 or later?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:34:03 AM PDT
New Girl says:
What is your point. You come here and spend time trying to convince people that the Nexus 7 is a better deal. Maybe for you it is. Maybe for me it is not. Buy what you want. Nobody has a gun to your head telling you you have to buy a Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:34:22 AM PDT
gotta love how people assume they can speak for others

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:36:30 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
+1

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 6:37:28 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Apparently this Ford vs Chevy discussion will never end despite the fact that it leads nowhere. The Nexus 7 is a fine device. If you want easy access to the Google ecosystem and a "pure" Android experience, it's a superior choice. You give up a superior display and better audio along with the Amazon ecosystem available with the KFHD.

Individual choices should be based on which device better fills one's personal technology "gap." I have a high end Android smartphone with access to the excellent Google apps I need on that device. I don't need or want those same apps on a 7" tablet. They're redundant. What I do want is a superior display and sound for media consumption and the broadest possible access to that media. That makes the KFHD the appropriate device for my needs. Others will come to a different conclusion.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 6:40:57 AM PDT
djpayn says:
wow. how very snarky of all of you. maybe this person LOVES amazon and feels a little cheated. i know that i do. I REALLY want the 8.9 KFHD but right now it doesnt seem like that is the best device for me to invest my money in, even though i LOVE amazon and have prime, etc... maybe the op was coming here for a little advice, or support, or guidance...... but of course they wont get it on these boards. Thank Goodness the internet is faceless.... i'm quite sure that none of you would have the nerve to say half of what you say on these boards to any persons face.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:46:03 AM PDT
with me you'd lose that bet, i dont tolerate fools no matter where they are

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:47:22 AM PDT
New Girl says:
Why would you feel cheated? You should buy the device that is the best value for you. Amazon is not obligated to provide exactly what you want at the price you think you deserve. They have multiple products available for you to choose from and if none of them fit what you want you should find the product that is closest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:48:16 AM PDT
Who are you trying to convince? You've expressed your opinion. Others have expressed theirs. What's to argue about? We all have choices because "one size" does not fit all.

I bought the bigger Fire because it's an Amazon product and I love being "tied into" their ecosystem, even though I'm not tied into anything in reality. I have apps from outside sources and they work perfectly.

I have kindle ereaders, beginning with the k1 and currently use my kk and a Fire which I spend a ton of my time on.

I'm perfectly satisfied with every kindle product I've ever bought and my years of positive experience with Ammy as a retailer who stands behind the products they sell, their generous return policy, their superb customer service, and their Prime shipping program are just a few of the reasons I chose to buy the 8.9" Fire.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 6:50:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 6:50:55 AM PDT
djpayn says:
there are a few people who do speak up in real life - so i wont sit here and deny that one or two of you may actually speak your mind to a persons face... but not to the extent that some people do on these boards. i am only trying to point out that the op probably didnt come here to get ripped to shreds. me? feel free... i expected it after what i posted.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:51:38 AM PDT
I'm not sure why you feel cheated if you haven't bought the device. I don't have to understand it, and I really don't care. The OP apparently believes he/she has the right to tell us what to buy or not to buy based on HIS criteria. He's wrong.

As for the way others post here, you have the right to dislike the way we post and we have the right to ignore you. You also make a big assumption as to how we interact with other people in real life - you might be surprised how much "nerve" some of us have.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:53:59 AM PDT
If someone comes to an Amazon board and tells Amazon customers not to buy an Amazon product, if he/she expected any other reaction, he/she needs a reality check.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 6:57:08 AM PDT
Erich says:
I have to pee.

Is there someone here who can give me permission?

Hurry... I really, really have to go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:58:15 AM PDT
yes Erich, go, but take your unicorn
; )

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:58:28 AM PDT
First clean up your room. Then you can go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:00:18 AM PDT
Ooooo, you are strict!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:04:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 7:13:01 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Then why don't you buy the Nexus?? I didn't feel the Fire was the right fit for me either so I went with a different tablet. But I am not going to sit here and tell people they shouldn't buy one. That is a decision they have to make for themselves. I didn't feel the Nexus was right for me either so I didn't get that as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Does the Kindle fire have "airplane mode"? 23 7 minutes ago
.Retrieve a previous read book 1 21 minutes ago
Scrolling too fast on fire tv stick disconnects me from internet and takes me back home 0 43 minutes ago
Kindle Paperwhite 2016 soon?? 50 1 hour ago
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 628 1 hour ago
immersion reading/audible narration/whispersync ready 0 1 hour ago
Kindle with remote control 0 1 hour ago
Stolen PaperWhite 1 1 hour ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1783 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7731 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  66
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions