Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Android Kindle Reading Problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 8:49:54 PM PST
I have a Karbonn Smart 1 Tab with pre-installed marketplace and all. Kindle installs fine. Books download fine. But while reading the book, tapping on the left or right side takes you to the next page but eventually turns blank (all black for me) or it shows either 30% or 50% of the page. I have been able to manage to get the page to show correctly by tapping in the middle and kind of sliding a bit from the center of the screen diagonally towards the top right. However, even then, the app seems to skip a page each time. I just cannot get to that skipped page at all no matter how much I try. Have approached Support and after getting me to uninstall, deregister, clear data and all several times, they haven't been able to manage resolve the issue.
Has anyone else faced similar problem? Found any solution?

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 9:27:22 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
I haven't seen that exact problem described on these forums before. I did a little research and found that the Smart 1 uses a MIPS processor instead of an ARM processor which causes some Android compatibility issues.

This incompatibility may he the source of your reported issue.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:20:52 PM PST
Thanks for the info. So I presume that there could be no solution or workaround for this.

Appreciate your quick response.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:23:21 AM PST
Sarida says:
Is there a Chrome browser app? If so, can you access your Amazon Cloud Reader account and read that way? I truly don't know, so this may not be helpful.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:46:23 PM PST
Thanks Sarida. I hadn't checked that option. But guess what, my tablet is not compatible with chrome or firefox either. So Amazon Cloud Reader does not work for me either. I guess Old Rocker is right - it is MIPS issue. Might as well toss the tablet and look for another one or wait till Amazon decides to start supporting it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions