Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Cleaning your kindle screen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2012 8:44:54 PM PDT
E. Johnson says:
How do your clean the screen on your kindle? Can you use glass cleaner by spraying it on a paper towel?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 8:48:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 8:51:47 PM PDT
Sue W. says:
Which kindle? I have the Kindle Fire and I clean the screen with a small amount of eyeglass cleaner sprayed on a lint-free cloth. I would not use a paper towel as that can be rough on the surface. The User Guide specifically says to use a soft cloth and be careful to not wipe it with anything abrasive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 8:50:17 PM PDT
E. Johnson says:
I have the kindle touch?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 9:00:18 PM PDT
Sue W. says:
Amazon says (for all Kindles) Wipe with a clean, dry cloth. Do not wipe with anything abrasive.

You could try a microfiber cloth - you can generally find those at most grocery stores or Wal-Mart or Target. Or some folks say they use the soft cloths made for cleaning eye glasses. Hope this helps!

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 9:15:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 9:25:55 PM PDT
I have iClean from Monster Cable and use it regularly to clean my laptop screen http://www.monsterproducts.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2105&id=8402

It works great but I wonder if it is safe to use it to clean Kindle Paperwhite or any other touch screen device for that matter. Does touch screen device require a special cleaner different than a laptop?

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 9:21:03 PM PDT
Brent Butler says:
Yes, I use eyeglass spray cleaner, along with a microfiber cloth.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 9:46:55 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I prefer the peanut butter on screen and then dog lick method...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 10:36:09 PM PDT
Why use a dog, Jazzy - what's wrong with your own tongue? :-)

I use LCD screen cleaner on a microfibre cloth.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 1:17:05 PM PDT
Jerry says:
I use Cloth Addiction microfiber cloth on my kindle, nothing comes close

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 2:04:01 PM PDT
LOL @ Jazzy_Jeff and CBP. I use a microfiber cloth too

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:24:40 AM PDT
AC Sue says:
These are really good, although larger than necessary --

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10009131&N=&Ntt=microfiber

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:10:15 AM PDT
I use Monster screen cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Do not spray liquids directly onto your screen, either Kindle or regular computer. Squirt a tiny bit onto your microfiber cloth then clean your screen with it. I use a dry portion of the cloth to finish.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:58:02 AM PST
Mutt Mom says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:26:01 AM PST
Simi says:
I managed to get cough medicine under my kindle buttons! Any one have any idea how to get rid of it?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:26:28 AM PST
Simi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:26:30 AM PST
Simi says:

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:26:31 AM PST
Simi says:

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 8:19:23 AM PST
Jason says:
cough medicine under your buttons huh which kindle do you have the one with the keyboard if so you might have to call amazon and see about having a new keyboard put on if you have a new keyboard put on I wouldn't use cough medicine around your kindle any more LOL....

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:44:24 AM PST
mike palmer says:
Simple microfiber cloth rubbed on the screen. I've never had this not take care of everything.

But then, I've never spilled cough medicine on my kindle.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:13:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 4:15:09 PM PST
SherylW says:
Does anyone know how to take scratches off the Kindle fire screen?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 4:22:22 PM PST
SherylW, if they are real scratches, there is no way to remove them. There are some polishing creams, but those can make it worse if you don't know what you are doing.

What happened to it?

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 5:04:50 PM PST
Asphaltgal says:
I have invested in screen protectors for each of our kindles it has helped with the fingerprints and the worry about scratching the screen.

I spray eye glass cleaner on a glasses cleaning cloth.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 10:52:13 PM PST
Usually I use these nifty little squares made by Targus that have a little leather side with a handle and the other side is microfiber. Works awesome on my 8.9 in KF and my Paperwhite too.They come in a 3pk for $10 I think.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:41:41 PM PST
janem says:
I have 7" Kindle Fire HD. It has two pin point holes of light shinning from within the screen. Can't figure how this happened I'm so careful about its care. Does anyone have this problem or know what I did to cause this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 8:48:36 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
I have the same Fire, and I don't have the problem you describe. Sounds like a hardware issue, all Kindle Fire HDs are still under warranty. To contact Kindle CS for a replacement, click on the Help link at the top center of this screen. Then click on the yellow Contact Us button, and you'll be afforded the opportunity for a Kindle CS rep to call you. They are pretty quick about calling back.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1333 1 hour ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
2015 Fire unable to see books on SD after factory reset 1 4 minutes ago
another critical update? 8 9 minutes ago
"your kindle is unable to connect at this time" 66 10 minutes ago
Kindle "Special Editions"? 6 10 minutes ago
Kindle Limericks - Not for the humor impaired 3474 21 minutes ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 129 25 minutes ago
3M Cloud Library and Kindle Paperwhite 202 28 minutes ago
2015 Fire tablets OS update 5.1.1 110 43 minutes ago
2 price errors in KindleBuffet today (7/23/16) 10 43 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 4, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions