Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

borrowing from the library

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 11:30:25 AM PST
usaf_ wife says:
I am New to the Kindle world. I was told that my local library "checks out" books for Kindle just like if you were to go in to the library. How does this work? Any help would be great!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:31:43 AM PST
J. Donahue says:
Try your local library's web site. They should have instructions there.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:49:16 AM PST
jikbirdie says:
Go to Overdrive .com..should be able to find your local library..or go to your library site and see if they have Overdrive. I borrow books all the time and audiobooks too. My local library doen't have it but I have a library I use in the summer and I can borrow from that one. They have made it really easy. Books sent directly to Kindle for 7/14/21 days.

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 5:33:04 AM PDT
Until recently my local library had relatively few ebooks to loan. Now I have discovered that the number of library Kindle books is increasing significantly and the borrowing process is now simple. I find the book online that I am interested in reading and click on the Kindle format for the book. The process does use Overdrive but that is seamless in the process. Once I find the Kindle book I want I determine how many copies the library has and how many are available for check-out. If necessary I put my name on a waiting list. When the book is available I click on borrowing it and I am shifted to my Amazon account where the book is sent to my Kindle just as though I had purchased it. Once I finish a book I return to my Kindle management page and "return" the book rather than simply letting the book rental expire. This is a fantastic answer to the sellers steadily increasing their prices. At a price of $10 or below I would consider buying a really good book but with some Kindle books now running $15 I have shifted to the library and I may never buy another Kindle book!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2013 5:37:19 AM PDT
The Artist says:
Here's a link to the info and instructions:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200747550&qid=1370435808&sr=1-1

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2013 7:46:02 AM PDT
my sentiments exactly. the library is a fabulous benefit and getting better all the time. I don't buy as much and it works beautifully on wi-fi not so easy on USB transfer but its doable..............patty

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 7:57:35 AM PDT
Arieswoman says:
I love borrowing books this way. Just got a new book on the market today! It is very easy and I have placed holds on other books. We get 21 days to have the book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
82 14 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
July 2014 Informal Poll--What are you reading now? 112 1 minute ago
Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started 2 4591 2 minutes ago
Screen Replacement 0 3 minutes ago
FB&C -- Free Books and Chat -- Saturday July 12, 2014 100 7 minutes ago
new Kindle fire without box 6 8 minutes ago
Kindle running slowly 1 10 minutes ago
Kindle 3G 3 20 minutes ago
New Kindle Coming Out? 29 21 minutes ago
How do I delete books from my Samsung Tablet 7 23 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions