Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD shows notification, but none listed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 6:10:01 AM PST
My kindle shows a 1 in the top status bar, but there are no notifications listed. how do I get rid of the "1"?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:21:19 AM PST
Are you running any apps in the background? I know if I have Parental Controls enabled when my son plays with my Fire, I have a "1" up in the corner, to remind me PC is on.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:23:09 AM PST
Not that I know of. Is there a way to check? I used the "task killer" and "killed all" hoping that would help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:26:10 AM PST
A task killer should have done the trick. Have you done a reset? Hold the power button in for a full 30 seconds. Release. Wait a sec. Power it back up, and let it reboot itself. See if that doesn't clear the notification.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:29:43 AM PST
Just tried it...didn't work :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:42:41 AM PST
S. Prewitt says:
I would force the Kindle to create another notification -- by creating or modifying a note in Evernote, for example. Then swipe down from the top of the screen, view the notification(s), and tap on Clear All. Maybe that will reset the notification counter back to zero.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:51:55 AM PST
Good idea.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:00:30 AM PST
didn't work...maybe I have to live with it? it's kind of annoying though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:02:26 AM PST
That's really strange. The ONLY other thing to try, and it would be a pain, would be to reset the device to the factory defaults. That wipes it *clean* as the day it came out of the box.

But you'd have to re-register (seconds), then re-download all your apps, re-set your preferences, and re-sign up your emails.

But the "1" might go away...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:52:19 AM PST
S. Prewitt says:
Of course, the "notification sans message" may be coming from one of the apps she's installed, so may return as soon as she reinstalls it! Michelle may want to delete apps one by one to see if she can get rid of the notification that way. Or, after resetting to factory defaults, reinstall apps gradually to try to see which app causes the problem.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 9:51:36 AM PDT
Ambelleina says:
UGH, I have this same issue. Cannot get rid of it for the life of me; no new apps installed recently, so no clue what the deal is. I've tried everything but resetting it, but not willing to re-do everything in the HOPES that it will go away!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions