Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

8.9" HD bottom band

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 1:46:49 PM PST
Deb says:
I bought the new Kindle Fire 8.9" HD for my spouse for an early Christmas gift. I have the first Kindle Fire that came out last year and I wouldn't trade it for anything. However, I can't find the answer to this question in the forum so I'm going to ask it now. Pardon if it's a duplicate. I purposely paid the higher price to get the 8.9" without the "special offers". However, instead of the "favorites" shelves below the carousel it now gives a row of "trending now", and "Customers Also Bought" recommendations depending upon what's front and center on the carousel. I don't mind that when we log into Amazon's Web pages but not on the Kindle itself. We spend enough on apps, books, magazines, etc., as it is without Amazon throwing their products down our throats and shoving it in with a hammer. Is there any way to restore the ordinary "shelves" to keep things "easy to hand" in Favorites? And it's a pain to accidentally hit that bottom row and having something load that you weren't expecting and didn't want?
Thanks for anyone's help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:51:56 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
You can remove the recommendations below the Carousel. Swipe down from the top to open Settings, then tap More > Applications > Amazon Home Recommendations.

To open Favorites, tap the star icon.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:06:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:08:19 PM PST
Deb says:
THANK YOU!! I still miss the "bookshelves" for Favorites there though but I have figured out how to get the Favorites visible. Happy Holidays!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
82 11 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
FB&C -- Free Books and Chat -- Saturday July 12, 2014 80 1 minute ago
dissatisfied customer of kindle products 6 3 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 1211 4 minutes ago
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 6764 8 minutes ago
International markups 2 11 minutes ago
Paperwhite problems after software update 6 12 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9250 34 minutes ago
How do I delete books from my Samsung Tablet 3 34 minutes ago
Two kindles on one account 74 36 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions