Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle white paper does not start!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 5:31:01 AM PST
charged my new kindle white paper,the green light came on. The little * thing just keeps spinning. It will not turn on. Help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:39:11 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
While not plugged in, hold the power button for 20 seconds to get it to reboot.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 5:51:19 AM PST
Have a Kindle Reader which will not switch on despite being fully charged and green light showing. help please ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:51:45 AM PST
Did what you said: It WORKS. Thank you! Merry Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:53:51 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Also, unplug and hold power button for 20 to 30 seconds to reboot the Kindle.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:01:55 AM PST
Tried sliding the on/off button and holding it for 20-30 seconds but it still will not re boot or switch on ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:05:24 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
click on Help (top of page) - Kindle - and then click on the orange Contact Us button

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 3:27:02 PM PST
K. Diggins says:
EVERY TIME I turn my kindle on it says: "Kindle white collecting information... may take a min will restart when done..please wait..." Then it reboots. Very annoying problem. Any help would be appreciated. It also kicks me out of my book every time it does this.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 3:55:31 PM PST
Val says:
K. Diggins: I've never heard of this problem with the Paperwhite. That would get real old, real fast and I can understand your frusteration!!! Try hard resetting it by holding the power button for 20 seconds and let it restart. If that doesn't help, contact customer service or kindle support and they will be happy to help. My guess it that you might need a replacement. The good thing about Amazon's Kindle is your device has a warranty for a full year!

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 7:11:41 PM PDT
will Kindle operate out in the country? How can I be sure if I buy one it will run in rural locations?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 7:20:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 7:21:11 PM PDT
@Julia: I assume that you are talking about the Paperwhite, since this thread is about the Paperwhite.

You can read any of the books that have been downloaded to the PW anywhere in the world - you don't need wifi or 3/4G to read the books on the PW.

To download books to the PW, you need to either have access to a wifi network or have a computer (connected to the internet) that you can connect to and use the USB transfer method of getting the book onto the PW.

Edit: And you must connect just once to Amazon using wifi to complete the registration process.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 8:14:37 PM PDT
Thank you for a clear answer; it has helped me make a decision.

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 3:35:19 PM PST
Kindle Paperwhite screen will not open the display. The screen has a Protect your summer page turner page that does not turn off when the Kindle is off and stays on when Kindle is turned on. I tried the reboot several times 40+ seconds and 20 seconds but no change. I can see the Kindle files on my computer when I use the USB to hook up to the computer. Is there another option to reset or link to computer and reset.

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 3:35:38 PM PST
Kindle Paperwhite screen will not open the display. The screen has a Protect your summer page turner page that does not turn off when the Kindle is off and stays on when Kindle is turned on. I tried the reboot several times 40+ seconds and 20 seconds but no change. I can see the Kindle files on my computer when I use the USB to hook up to the computer. Is there another option to reset or link to computer and reset.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2014 3:38:34 PM PST
Tim W. says:
The Kindle is hung on the screensaver? Does the screensaver look okay or are there imperfections or distortions?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2014 8:52:04 AM PST
The screen is not damaged but the picture has what looks like another picture trying to overwrite in the bottom 1/4 with a partial image and some lines of varying length.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2014 8:54:13 AM PST
Tim W. says:
I'm very, very sorry but I'm afraid the eink screen is broken.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2014 10:04:13 AM PST
 Ann says:
Unfortunately, that sounds like a failed or damaged screen. Contact support to go over your replacement options. Click "Help" at the top or bottom of any Amazon page, then "Need more help?", then "Contact Us".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9673 5 seconds ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7720 1 minute ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1682 9 minutes ago
Thoughts on "Discount Reviewers" 23 10 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5613 11 minutes ago
Ebooks delivery to 2 devices 3 12 minutes ago
Misidentification of device? 22 17 minutes ago
archived a book by mistake 3 18 minutes ago
Cancel Order 15 24 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 8877 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions