Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Prime - "Monthly Limit Reached"???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 403 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2012 8:27:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 8:28:35 AM PST
Betron says:
I thought I would give Kindle Prime as try, but I''m discovering that most of the books I have tried to get are marked "monthly limit reached." Is anyone else running into this. Makes me wonder if Prime is worth the money - I am now on the one month free trial. Comments???

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:34:13 AM PST
seedlady says:
you do know the limit is one book per month, right? you can check out your second book next calendar month.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:36:30 AM PST
Also remember that book lending is only one feature of Prime, you also get free shipping and unlimited streaming videos.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:41:39 AM PST
Betron says:
No, I didn't know I could only borrow one book a month. Guess that explains my problem. Why doesn't Amazon let me get on a "hold" list like the library does?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:45:12 AM PST
There's no need for a hold list because, unlike your local public library, Amazon buys each copy it lends from the KOLL.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:48:39 AM PST
Make a Wish List just for the books you want to borrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:49:12 AM PST
PF says:
If you want, you could make your own unofficial hold list. Go to the wish list link up at the top of this page. Make a brand new list to hold all of the books you intend to borrow one day.

Just remember not to go through that wishlist to try to borrow. Use the normal method through the KOLL link on your Kindle itself. Keep the list as a reminder only, not to be interactive.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:50:53 AM PST
I would like Amazon to have another look at this policy of waiting a month before borrowing another book. Sometimes it take me awhile to get to a book and read it, other times I find the book is a "dog" or let's say not as interesting as it looked. I can borrow audiobooks and ebooks from my library and I believe they let you determine the checkout period, 1, 2, or 3 weeks. I think this policy may be work another look.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:55:56 AM PST
Amazon is a retailer, not a taxpayer supported public service.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:58:12 AM PST
Amazon has to pay for every book that is borrowed. It's a perk of Prime, not at all meant to be the prime feature of Prime.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:01:16 AM PST
Lauri Wirth says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:02:05 AM PST
Not, free 2 days shipping of most items that Amazon sells. Prime was around long before the Kindles were.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 9:06:09 AM PST
Jean Jaime says:
Free 2 day shipping! I find it pays for itself!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:11:57 AM PST
Its purpose isn't, nor claims to be, to totally support anyone's reading habits. The same is true of video streaming. Those are extras. Not everyone is going to find it worth the price, in which case, just don't subscribe.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:24:28 AM PST
I to am doing the trial of prime and I wish when you sign up for it that they would tell you that you can only borrow a book for free once. I am just finding out that it is once a month also. this really bites!. I wish it was stated up front because I would have never signed up for prime. I checked and read everything at least three times before doing prime and I don't recall seeing any of that information until After I signed up

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:25:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 9:26:27 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
It DOES Tell you --

The Kindle Owners' Lending Library allows eligible U. S. Amazon Prime members who own Kindle devices to choose from thousands of books to borrow for free -- including more than 100 current and former New York Times Bestsellers -- as frequently as a book a month, with no due dates.

Notice "as frequently as a book a month"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:27:50 AM PST
TerryB says:
It is stated up front:

"Kindle Owners' Lending Library for Amazon Prime Members
The Kindle Owners' Lending Library allows eligible U. S. Amazon Prime members who own Kindle devices to choose from thousands of books to borrow for free -- including more than 100 current and former New York Times Bestsellers -- as frequently as a book a month, with no due dates."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:28:37 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 9:28:50 AM PST
A. Sisk says:
Wow...if you were planning on using prime because of the book borrowing, you really didn't pay any attention to the plan at all.

The biggest advantage of using prime is for FREE two day delivery on most Amazon items (ebooks don't count since you dont pay for delivery anyway) I don't worry about getting my order up to 25 for free shipping anymore and now I get everrything super fast.

I find it pays for itself in about two months.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:29:47 AM PST
Beth says:
But you can access your wishlist through the KOLL link on your kindle. Once there I was given the choice to borrow or buy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:30:43 AM PST
Yet you found your way here to complain that it bites? If it's not for you, cancel it and get on with your life.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 9:40:03 AM PST
<No, I didn't know I could only borrow one book a month. Guess that explains my problem. Why doesn't Amazon let me get on a "hold" list like the library?>

Umm, because Amazon isn't a library? Because they're just a bunch of big meanies? Because they hate their customers?

You know, it still amazes me that people who can't or won't read Amazon's Site information (which by the way, is a breeze to navigate and quite comprehensive. To some of us, anyway) still manage to somehow find this forum.

It also amazes me that so many people slap down their $79 WITHOUT even bothering to understand what they're buying? Though I suppose it shouldn't.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 9:42:21 AM PST
I returned a book to the lending library a while back (late January). When can I take another book out? Is it a calendar month (if I returned on the 23rd do I wait till the 23rd of Feb.?) or the first of the month. I did not note the day I returned and would like to take another one out, but do not know when I can borrow again. Thanks for any help,

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:44:04 AM PST
Beth says:
It is the calendar month so you are good to go at any time. I just returned my Jan book today and immediately got my Feb book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 9:52:56 AM PST
PF says:
Oh, good to know. I'm visually impaired so I don't borrow books. There's no TTS for that part, so I didn't want to assume it was anything other than a 'buy now' choice.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 28 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Amazon Echo 3433 30 seconds ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 5348 1 minute ago
Free Books & Chat - Monday, March 2, 2015 31 3 minutes ago
Send a book to all my Kindles 0 4 minutes ago
charing 2 10 minutes ago
Priced too high! 10 12 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 9166 15 minutes ago
ordered books 2 17 minutes ago
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 4132 19 minutes ago
how to change wall paper for kindle fire. 165 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  403
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions