Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Deleting from your library - managing my kindle page...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2011 5:02:55 PM PST
Happy Cook says:
Is there any way to delete multiple books at one time instead of doing it one by one? There are probably almost 200 books i want to delete...and can't figure out a way to do it other than going one by one which is quite ridiculous/tedious.

Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 5:11:54 PM PST
Cassie Anne says:
Nope...that's the only way to do it.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:48:13 AM PST
Rudy says:
Happy Cook, I couldn't agree with you more. Managing (deleting) books on the Kindle library sucks! It is a prime example of how it shouldn't be done.

In my opinion, Amazon should rewrite the tool so that:

1.- User can program how many books per page should be displayed.

2.- Have checkboxes alongside each book so that multiple selections can be made.

3.- Select the function to be executed. In this case, delete, but could be download to Kindle, etc.

4.- A submit button to execute the command.

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement and add immeasurably to the Kindle experience.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 2:31:35 PM PST
ckllp says:
I was advised the other day to contact management after writing a question in this forum, about manage your kindle. I have 3 kindles and they have 3 purposes. Buying one at a time, books aren't organized. In the library you have no way of knowing what book is where. Even clicking on "transfer to" defaults to the 1st kindle, no matter which one the book is on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:56:58 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Just open 3-4 tabs for you library and start with the first one and delete a book and move on. By the time you get back to the first tab the list is refreshed again. Pretty simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:58:45 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I have 2 Kindles that I manage pretty easily. I use a program called Calibre and it works great. It does take some time to learn but well worth the effort.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 3:05:43 PM PST
ckllp....are all three Kindles registered under the same name? If so, I believe that is the reason. For what you are doing it would seem to me that you would have each Kindle registered under a different name such as ckllp1, ckllp2 and ckllp3 or even using the name ckllp and the purpose for Kindle one and so forth. Then only the books for 1 will go to 1, that is, if I am correct in my thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:40:09 PM PST
Rudy says:
Yes, one can open multiple tabs in the browser, but it is still a bad user interface. Amazon should know better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:31:34 PM PST
ckllp says:
Thank you Eileen. I didn't know you could register under other names. It still means doing it one book at a time. I know where many of the books are but for the rest I think it's still on Amazon to show me where the book is, or they should call it a list, not a library.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:39:38 PM PST
It's the same with apps. My son & I went through all the apps on the account tonight, many of them freebie games he'd downloaded. "You play that one? No? This one? Ok." One by one by one. It was torture; it would have been great to mark ALL the deletables (like emails) and do it all at once.

But alas, no.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:47:16 PM PST
~nospin says:
Apps you can delete from the cloud on the new Fire HD. Long press and it is one of the options

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:59:54 PM PST
Sommme daaay...

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:03:26 PM PST
In my 3k, my books are in alphabetical order....does that help at all?

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:17:05 PM PST
S. Moller says:
What I need to delete are all of the [loan ended] entries, which appear on my Kindle, but not on the Manage your Kindle page on Amazon. Is this supposed to discourage me from checking out Kindle books from my library? I have 7 pages on my opening menu--6 of which are [loan ended] messages. Argh!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:27:10 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
@S. Moller - You delete those notices the same way you remove any downloaded content from your Kindle. Either right-click on an item or hold your finger on it for a moment (depending on the type of Kindle you have), then select or tap the remove option.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
86 50 minutes ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
[You are ignoring the customer who started this discussion] 9838 18 seconds ago
is there any way to track a lost kindle fire? 3 20 seconds ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put a Stelvin Closure on Your Tequila Arm and Prepare for the Apocalypse! Grab the Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Plus Cherie! So Geese! 9358 1 minute ago
Al's Place 35mm 1661 2 minutes ago
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 6847 3 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat: Monday, July 14, 2014 24 5 minutes ago
Photos 2 5 minutes ago
July 2014 Informal Poll--What are you reading now? 121 12 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 1630 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions