Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 2:39:55 PM PST
whizchick says:
Got my kindle with keyboard in September and now there is two spots on the screen like there is a tear. This kindle has never been dropped, its still in bubble wrap most of the time. the kindle has no scratches or anything. i cant quite figure out how they got there. is is a big turn off because u cant see anything where these spots are. Helpppppppp

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:47:21 PM PST
You have the same screen problem that many, many of us have had. There is nothing you can do; it's broken. It was most likely the result of some pressure being placed on the screen, in a bag, or if you accidently bent or twisted it (this can still happen in soft "bubble wrap" type cases).

The good news is, your Kindle is still under warantee. Contact Amazon through the "Help" link at the top of this page, and then clicking the yellow "Contact Us" button on the right side. As long as you did everything you could to protect your Kindle from damage, they should send you a free replacement. That replacement will also be covered under your original warantee, so you can continue replacing it for similar incidents until next September.

To help protect your new Kindle, I recommend getting a hard case, not a "sleeve." Since I got my KK's hard case (the Amazon.com leather case) I have not had to replace it. And I broke two others before that!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:47:36 PM PST
You've had it for less than a year so it's covered by Amazon's 12 month warranty. Contact Customer Service by clicking on Help at the top of this page. Then click Contact Us on the right and follow the instructions. Don't use the email option though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions