Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

RAOK #50 -- Happy HO, HO and everything naughty & nice!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2012 2:33:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 2:34:36 PM PST
Patti (PBP) says:
Welcome to our festive home away from home. It is decorated with all the appropiate bells and whistles. Our new kitchen has all the smells eminating that conjure up sights of frosted cookies, cakes and pies, delicious candies etc. They are making me hungry and the smell of spiced cider is overwhelming. Just love Christmas.

Come in and find a seat around the beautifully decorated tree, check to see if one of the many packages under it has your name on it, don't want to miss anyone. To the fellows, we didn't forget your man cave, it also has a mini tree for you. Hope you like it as it has no PINK to be found!!

Now for the requisite warnings and tips:

To quote our founder Virgoddess (to remember why this thread was started - over 1 year ago): "The point of this thread is to spread the word. What "we" do is click on a username of a poster (any poster in the forum) and scroll to the bottom, find their wish list. If you click on a book *in* their wish list, you can send it to them - without exposing your email address to them, or theirs to you.

To participate, you don't have to do a thing (except make sure your wish list is public!). You are under no obligation to buy anyone anything. If you'd like to thank the person that sent you a gift (which is very much appreciated), you can post here. Please be sure to link to the book you received; all our wish lists have grown from seeing what others are reading. You can just join in our chit chat, too. The point is to be positive, and hopefully bring a smile to someone's face. This isn't about repaying, or anything like that. It's about giving - a shoulder, a book, a smile.

SOME TIPS: To send a book, simply click on the username here in the forum of the person you want to gift to. Scroll down, and you will hopefully see their wish list. Click on "see all x items" to pull up their entire list (do NOT click a book jacket from their profile page). You will see a yellow button, under the title saying "give as a gift" and click that. It will take you to the message screen, where you can change the "from" name, and add a note. Their email address will be "hidden" for privacy, but it will be sent to them.

To make your wish list public, pull up the list and there is a quick link on the upper right of every page, titled "Wish List" directly under the "Your Account" link. Click that. It will take you to your wish list. Directly under the title of your wish list, you will see a drop down menu, titled "Manage this list". Click that, and in the drop down, click "Change Privacy Settings" and make sure it says "Make list public".

SAFETY TIPS and INFORMATION: Follow the above instructions to get to your wish list. Again, click the "Manage this list" drop down menu. This time, select "Edit Settings" and this will bring you to a screen that shows your privacy settings. The name you see on the Name line is the name that is shown to people you GIFT books to. Simply change it to the name you're comfortable with and save. This will prevent your full name from being displayed on your gifts.

To make your wish list visible from your profile, you have to go into your profile and edit it. You need to change the middle section (wish list and registries) to show everyone. If you have that set to private but your wish list public, others can find your wish list through the search, but not your profile. If you change that wish list setting on your profile to everyone, you'll be good to go. That just makes the list visible from the profile, it doesn't change any other privacy settings you have.

To change your Account Name, you have to go to Your Account in the upper right corner then Change Account Settings and edit your name. This won't affect anything that I can see except what it shows at the top of the page when it says "Hi Cyndie" instead of "Hi Cyndie MyLastName". And all people will see on their Digital Orders that send me any gifts is Cyndie, not Cyndie MyLastName." (this last one is important, since it doesn't change anything in YOUR view, lots of people end up having their real names showing on their WL instead of their screen names. Also, you need to make that change separately for EACH public wish list.) It sounds complicated, but it really isn't, and it's well worth a few minutes' work.

Finally, always remember RAOK's don't have to be books. They can be anything you do here or off the forum in your actual lives to do something nice for someone. No one is "keeping score" either. If someone does something nice for you, just find a way to pass it on.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:34:32 PM PST
Loz says:
I wondered who was going to do it! I was just abotu to create one when I saw this! :)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:34:51 PM PST
Woohoo!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:34:59 PM PST
Patti (PBP) says:
Hey Loz...

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:35:43 PM PST
*relieved sigh*

*settles into one of the comfy chairs next to the tree, fills a big mug with multeglřgg and settles in for a long read...*

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:35:51 PM PST
Merry Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:37:44 PM PST
Loz says:
Hiya.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:38:27 PM PST
Loz says:
Well now that the new room has been opened, I must take my leave. My people need me.

Nah, really need to do some work! Later all! :)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:38:51 PM PST
hiya...i see i didn't straggle in too late for the new room. was wondering if you slowpokes were gonna get that room locked up sooner than later. :)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:44:34 PM PST
Jose P. says:
Good evening, everyone. How's everything?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:46:43 PM PST
aren't you up past your bedtime miss?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:47:02 PM PST
hi Jose. :)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:47:50 PM PST
Patti (PBP) says:
Just so you know, I did leave a trail of wrapped CC cookies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:49:00 PM PST
Thanks, Patti! And thanks for leaving the mint patty trail. Those are my favorites!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:49:41 PM PST
Lara, you're back!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:51:05 PM PST
ya i had all these calls to make when i put my son down and then i totally conked out.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:51:49 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
50? :O

...And to think it doesn't feel a RAOK over 30! :)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:52:08 PM PST
MB says:
I found you! What is MoM of many elfs FB picture?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:54:28 PM PST
Denise says:
I was finally working on one but got called away. THanks so much, Patti!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:54:47 PM PST
Denise says:
wow, so nice to see you again, FQ :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:55:16 PM PST
Denise says:
Good. You needed it.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:58:33 PM PST
i'm just working on getting tours set up for when we are away. usually i will book a tour separately through a company independent of the cruise but most of the time they need a bigger group, which meant i had to go on a forum to ask if anyone wanted to share in a tour. i haven't got the energy to do that this time around so i thought we'd just do the more expensive tours put together through the cruise.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:02:22 PM PST
Just Theo says:
*runs in, does a quick happy dance, runs away*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 3:05:31 PM PST
Denise says:
*shakes jinglebells to accompany Theo's happy dance*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 3:06:40 PM PST
Patti (PBP) says:
*sings, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells* along with Denise's bells...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions