Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire hd print?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 4:24:01 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:25:38 PM PST
Fist of all, you will not be able to print ebooks from the Fire. Just want to make that clear. In addition to an app (like PrinterShare and EasyPrint), you have to have a wireless printer.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:29:24 PM PST
i dont wanna print ebook. stuff from the internet like cooking stuff and craft stuff.iv got kindle 2 kindle fire and paper books no need to have three copys

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:30:37 PM PST
i was just wondering if anyone has printed stuff and knows what works b4 i spend 13 bucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:39:41 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Did you read the reviews of the app? Have you checked to see if there are any YouTube video reviews you can watch?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:51:09 PM PST
I haven't tried it on my Fire HD but I have used it on a couple of Android tablets and it works just fine with my printer. I have a Cannon wireless printer.

Make sure it works with your printer before you buy it. There is a list somewhere, either on Amazon or on the PrintShare site or someplace. I remember looking at that when I bought it.

If it lets you buy it from your Fire HD it'll probably work with it. I'm not totally sure of that though so you might want to make sure from Amazon's Kindle support that that's true.

I don't do much printing but I did use it a few times and it's pretty straightforward and it works pretty well. As I recall there weren't a lot of options. It prints what you see. Or maybe what you've selected. I don't remmeber now.

Barry

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:28:14 AM PST
Anyone printing from a Brothers Printer? What app(s) needed?

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 12:59:47 PM PST
Dwranny says:
The EasyPrint free and downloadable app can be loaded onto the Kindle Fire HD to print to a wireless printer. The app is found in the Kindle App Store at Amazon.com. Also, HP has an app that works with wireless printers where you can print by sending or "sharing" your document via your an email address you assign to your printer (through HP's ePrint application at eprint.com. When printing, you print to EasyPrint, the printer you designate will be the name of your printer, if an HP-assignee eprinter, the document will printout on that device.

A downloadable app by the name of OfficeSuite Pro 6 (costs $14.99 at Amazon's Kindle App Store) offers limited word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation capability to users. Files can be stored and retrieved on the Kindle.

I also found out that you can capture and print screenshots by holding down the lower portion of the Kindle Fire HD's volume button at the same time as you push/hold the power on/off button. If you do it right, you will hear like a camera shutter sound. The picture will be stored in the files area (easily accessible using ES File Explorer...also a free, downloadable app from Amazon Kindle Store) in the "screenshots" folder in the "pictures" folder on the Kindle.

There are other "cloud" printers being developed as well. Google, Adobe, FedEx, UPS are all getting involved as well. There are also "BlackIce" and "FTP" (only two of many out there) that allow users to convert documents to PDFs and print to email. Some free, online sites exists for this same purpose; however, most will offer free trial periods or charge for their services.

Prodcutivity apps and services are out there on the net for free and at-cost, if you are willing to do some research and are not technologically-challenged enough to get them. If so, get someone to help. It will be worth your while. Some can be found in places other than Amazon's App Store too. Try CNET.com. Also make sure the app/service is compatible with your device(s) or operating system before downloading and/or using them (e.g., Android, Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).

Note: I am not edorsing any of these products; I just use some and find they work for me. See what works for you! Good hunting and good luck.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 6:24:37 AM PDT
Steve Rowley says:
Is there an app to just print to kindle as a pdf? I just want to save a copy of lists or forms created through web pages on my kindle fire hd

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 12:27:44 PM PDT
2ed Samuel says:
But does it core an apple?

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:57:04 PM PDT
R. Glazier says:
newer Brother printers are google cloud print capable; also Brother's iPrint & Fax app works well

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 2:08:03 PM PST
Adam Hollman says:
Agreed with this. I just set up a new Brother printer (MfC-J870DW) and have so far set up wireless printing from my laptop, android phone and Amazon Kindle HD using the iPrint&Scan (free) app from Brother. Easy peasy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2013 6:10:03 AM PST
Thomas H... says:
I use Push to Kindle. Saves copies of articles to read later.

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 1:32:59 PM PST
eddie says:
Does anyone know how to print color pictures from kindle fire. I have printer share but can't find a way to print in color. HELP!

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 3:07:48 AM PST
can you send some thing by kindle HD to somebody by email

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2014 11:49:12 AM PDT
Kansasbabe says:
Any idea why the Epson app is not compatible with the Kindle Fire HD?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update 5.4.5
29 18 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
121 2 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 896 5 minutes ago
Overcharging for ebooks 5 20 minutes ago
USB port: loose fit? 353 30 minutes ago
Kindle Free Time password issue 49 34 minutes ago
Kindle collecting taxes on books? 4 37 minutes ago
raok 77 - a glimpse of heaven? 8953 39 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat: Monday, July 28, 2014 15 42 minutes ago
too many open tabs 59 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions