Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Carousel--Don't Show All Purchases?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 6:17:42 PM PST
Is there any way to stop the Kindle Fire HD from showing in the carousel all new purchases sent to any kindle, that is show only purchases sent to that kindle?

I bought a Kindle Fire HD for my teenager for Christmas. She had a kindle keyboard before, and I could always just buy books for her and send to her device when I bought them. It did not, however, show her all of the books that I purchased and sent to my kindle. Of course she could go to the archives/cloud and download anything, but that's not quite the same as putting it right in her face on the carousel. I immediately removed all of my books from the kindle carousel after it arrived and left only her books on there. I did an experiment and bought myself a kindle book from the computer and sent it to my kindle. Sure enough, it showed up on the carousel for her kindle fire. I sometimes read more mature titles that I wouldn't like to end up on her kindle carousel.

I looked into Kindle Freetime, but that seems more for younger children. It won't allow her to use social media like facebook, which I am okay with. And it won't let her buy books, which I am also okay with.

I guess it might be time to set her up with her own amazon account, but then she'd lose all of the books she had on her kindle keyboard. It's so frustrating not to have better control of what shows up on the device!

Anyway, I think the answer is probably that there's nothing that can be done, but if anyone has any ideas or advice, I'd really appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:27:13 PM PST
No, unfortuantly everything you buy will show up in the carousel, but once you remove it from there it won't reappear.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:28:27 PM PST
S. Prewitt says:
Since you're OK with her buying books, I'd have her set up a new account for the Kindle Fire HD. She can continue to read backs in the old account on the Kindle Keyboard. She might be able to lend "lending enabled" books in the old account to the new account (I've never tried this myself). And if necessary, she can always temporarily deregister her Fire from the new account and register it to the old account.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS 4.8
0 17 days ago
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 5264 15 minutes ago
How to remove highlighters from purchased books 46 39 minutes ago
Using any computer to get kindle book 18 46 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat - April 2015 837 56 minutes ago
In cases of two people no longer together? 9 1 hour ago
silk browser not responding message 3 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 614 1 hour ago
April Informal Poll--What are you reading? 281 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions