Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Can a high school student take notes on a Kindle Fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 8:05:38 PM PST
Grammi says:
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:24:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:27:05 PM PST
Cix says:
In my opinion, the Kindle Fire is more for consuming data, not really for creating it. That being said, you can probably take notes on it if you download some kind of notes app. The Kindle Fire is more for reading books, watching movies and playing games etc..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:45:50 PM PST
R. D. Clark says:
In portrait orientation it would be like texting on a big cell phone. In landscape mode, like typing on a child-size keyboard. In both cases you have to look at the the virtual keyboard, because there's no sense of touch.

Or with the HD you can use an optional, external Bluetooth keyboard.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:18:10 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
In addition, if you want to do anything with the notes, like use them to write a paper, you probably want to use one of the Office clone programs like QuickOffice Pro, Documents to Go, OfficeSuite Professional, or SmartOffice.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:39:41 PM PST
TuxGirl says:
The new fires can be used reasonably well with bluetooth keyboards. Also after some practice, it is possible to touch-type... At least I can, but i type most things on my phone....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2013 1:51:36 PM PDT
Thats apps (QuickOffice Pro, Documents to go, officesuite professional, smartoffice) is available in amazon appstore? free? In your opinion, what is the best app to take note with pshysical keyboard?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions