Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

do books i sent to @kindle.com address sync?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 7:19:47 PM PST
Wishsylvia says:
well i sent some mobi format books to id@kindle.com address so i got them in my kindle e-reader. but they don't show on the kindle app for Mac.
these books are pushed by other e-reading websites not by amazon.

i wonder why is that?

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:07:20 AM PST
ALK says:
I have a separate @kindle.com email address for each of my devices including the iPad app. If you click on manage your kindle, then manage your device. It will show each email address for each device.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:17:12 AM PST
Or you can go into your MYK page, find the book, and use the action menu on the RHS to send to a particular app/device.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:39:45 AM PST
The Artist says:
When you send it to your kindle.com address, I think it just goes to that device, not your account. You need to use the Send to Kindle app in order to add a document to your account, which then makes it available to all of your devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 1:44:42 AM PST
Wishsylvia - The Kindle for Mac app doesn't support personal documents. Neither does Kindle for PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 1:46:19 AM PST
No, the @kindle.com address goes to your Archives just like the Send To Kindle app documents do. You have to have archiving turned on in Personal Documents Settings, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:59:19 AM PST
Wishsylvia says:
yes these docs go to Archives. i can see them in my library. and under the 'action' button i have the option to deliver them to devices, but the option of 'Kindle for Mac' is grey while options of e-reader and iphone app are active. is there anything i haven't turned on yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:17:50 AM PST
Wishsylvia - No, as I said above, the reason your Kindle for Mac is greyed out is that it can't read personal documents (items emailed to your Kindle account).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions