Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle cannot read the whole PDF document

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 9:48:40 AM PDT
I have recently bought a Kindle and loaded on it a few PDF documents I had saved on my PC. While it can read some of these just fine, one of them (a book of 300+ pages) shows only the first 12 pages or so. I checked this file, and both the original and the one saved on my Kindle can be read in their entirety when opened on my computer.
Could someone please explain me what is going on?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:13:13 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Which Kindle do you have?

What happens when you try to go past page 12?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:28:13 AM PDT
My Kindle is the regular one.
When I go past page 12, all pages are completely blank.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:45:53 AM PDT
Colleenm says:
Hi. I had exactly the same problem with 2 PDF books. Could read a couple of pages and then it was blank. I have a Kindle 4 Wifi

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:48:48 AM PST
C. G. says:
I have a Kindle Fire and am experiencing the same problem with books downloaded from Amazon! It has just occurred on two books in a row after purchashing the Books Collection app. It does not matter if I go thru the app or directly thrum the library. I have also deleted the books from the device and re-downloaded but still have the blank pages. Any help?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:09:16 AM PST
C. G. says:
Just found an answer for my problem which may help you. If you have page background set to black change it to white. Fixed it for me.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:35:26 AM PST
Is "page background" something that you can change on the regular, basic Kindle as well, or is it only for Kindle Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:30:55 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
That's only for the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 7:44:49 PM PST
E. Martinez says:
hi am currently having the same problem as you and i was wondering if you were able to fix it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 4:54:13 AM PST
No, I'm sorry. I got hold of the same ebook in mobi format and read it that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 5:29:30 AM PST
E. Martinez says:
Oh man, that sucks thank you for taking your time to reply tho I appreciate it.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:49:22 AM PST
I converted the pdf file to a word document and then saved with a txt extension and was able to read the file

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:11:54 AM PST
You can send the pdf with the word "convert" in the subject line to your Kindles email address. Read about it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=kinw_myk_pd_ln?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200767340#assignemail

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:24:05 AM PST
The Blade says:
Those of you with a Fire might want to try this app: ezPDF Reader instead of Adobe reader. My experience shows it to be a far better PDF reader is almost all aspects.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions