Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

order in USA, use in Germany

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2012 10:56:55 AM PDT
Is it possible to order a kindle paperwhite in the USA and use (use = order german ebooks on amazon.de) it in Germany (and get it send to Germany)?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:02:45 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
I suspect that, when Amazon starts shipping PW to Germany, it will do so from both amazon.com and amazon.de sites. In the meantime, if you can get hold of the device while on a trip to the USA or through a friend, it will work in Germany.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 1:22:44 AM PDT
Thank you, that is exactly what I planned. Buy a Kindle PW in the USA or Canada as a christmas present and then use it in Germany, because it will probably be released after christmas in Europe (which is extremely stupid in my opinion).

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:42:21 PM PST
K. Murphy says:
Is this a fact, ie did it work? I'm currently in the US & just bought one for my daughter in Germany & just heard yesterday that I will only be able to download from the US site? & possibly even only when in USA so am curious to see if you are able to download German books! Thx

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:19:25 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
being that amazon.de sells the paperwhite why wouldn't it work in Germany?

and she will have the choice of using amazon.de or http://amazon.com, just like I, in France, have the choice of amazon.fr or amazon.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 Dec 15, 2014
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 1514 19 seconds ago
do not buy a kindle! 53 3 minutes ago
The Fethafoot Chronicles 0 6 minutes ago
Why do Kindle books look so bad with mathematical formulas? 86 10 minutes ago
I have an old generation Kindle. Screen is now defective and it is time for a new reader. Would like your opinion on reading books with a Kindle Fire HDX 7 compared to a paperwhite. 6 13 minutes ago
print content from manage conent and devices 0 15 minutes ago
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 8801 20 minutes ago
Can you disable screen-touch-to-turn on Voyage? 144 22 minutes ago
Which was your favorite Kindle prior to the Kindle Fire and why? 4 25 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions