Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Anyone successfully emailed a Baen free ebook to their Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 12:37:13 PM PST
Captain says:
I have gone to Personal Document Settings, inserted the @baenebooks.com into the approved email list, used my Kindle email address on the Baen site and sent. Baen says it was successfully sent but I never received anything, looked all over my Manage Your Kindle site.

What am I doing wrong? BTW I'm trying to avoid the Baen-pc-Kindle route by emailing directly to my Kindle which is indeed online and waiting patiently.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:38:24 PM PST
Captain says:
BTW Baen ebooks will be available on Amazon soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:42:52 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
they're usually a bit more expensive for me on Amazon.

and they're not all available on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:52:54 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I personally download all non Kindle books to my computer and use Calibre to send them to my Kindle.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:58:14 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
I use the computer method just because I usually purchase at least two books at a time

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:08:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 2:12:41 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
I always email mine to my Kindle. Works great. Double check that you didn't make an error imputing Baen on your approved email list. I did that once.

Oh, and make sure you used the Kindle address connected to the specific Kindle you want to send it to. I messed that up once too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:28:31 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Thanks for the tip!

I found this on the website...

"Best-selling Baen Authors David Weber, John Ringo, Lois McMaster Bujold
Available on Amazon.com for First Time in Ebook Format
RIVERDALE, NEW YORK- Ebook pioneer Baen Books is making its ebooks available in the Kindle Store on Amazon for the first time beginning in mid to late December 2012. Science fiction and fantasy publisher Baen Books has sold its own ebooks for over fifteen years at Baen's retail site, Baenebooks.com, where ebooks have always been downloadable totally free of digital rights restrictions. They will also be DRM-free in the Kindle Store. The move to third party distribution is new territory for Baen, which has built a name for itself in the ebook arena with an innovative e-Advanced Reading Copy program and limited time monthly discount bundles. These programs will continue, according to Toni Weisskopf, Baen's publisher."

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:39:09 PM PST
I've bought a lot of books from Baen. I have found that I can use the Kindles browser to log into my Baen account and download previously-purchased books direct to my Kindle.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:54:37 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
During the past year or so, anything you email to your Kindle is saved under Personal Documents in Manage Your Kindle. This is nice because you can just redownload it for there to your Kindles. This means you can share it with others on your account.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions