Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" battery life?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2012 9:46:50 PM PDT
stefan s says:
What is the battery life of the New Kindle Fire HD 8.9" $299.00? The info is blank

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 10:12:59 PM PDT
No one here knows that, and Amazon has not announced anything. They might be still getting approval to list that feature.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 12:04:35 AM PDT
stefan s says:
I hope it is just as good as the ones they do have listed. i am ready to buy it but without that info i refuse to buy it until I know something.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 4:51:17 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:

The estimated battery life will certainly be posted by Amazon before it ships in about seven weeks. If you order an 8.9" KFHD you'll assure yourself of a place in line and you can cancel anytime prior to the shipment of your particular device. (And your cc will not be charged until it ships.)

Furthermore, you probably should consider that "estimated" battery life is often not a reliable guide to the performance you'll see for your own system. It depends on so many factors (e.g. use patterns, screen brightness, wifi and bluetooth use, and in this case 4G use), the figures you'll see are likely to vary greatly from your own experience. In view of that fact, Amazon's "no questions asked 30 day return" policy is especially valuable. It will afford you the opportunity to perform your own tests based on your own use patterns to determine if it's satisfactory. If not, you can return the device without even paying shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:26:36 PM PDT
Amazon CS just informed me the HD 8.9 battery life will be an estimated 11 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:47:41 PM PDT
thanks for posting that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:34:54 PM PST
Tarksum says:
Amen. I want this so bad. Not going there if we can't find out about the battery life.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 9:39:30 PM PST
Amazon has had plenty ofntime to.add.that to.there.web page

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:05:51 AM PST
n8w says:
I was looking for info on how long the battery lasts in Standby, but couldn't find it so here's some info. 9am-fully charged; I immediately put it into sleep mode. 5pm - 87% power having not touched it since 9am (it drained 1.5% per hour!). I turned on Airplane mode and checked at 10pm - still 87% power. So yeah, use Airplane mode until you need the Net or risk 1.5% drain/hour [16GB base model w/ Special Offers, but as far as I know these weren't even being displayed since it was in Sleep... I can't speak for no-Offers model or the version with cell-connectivity).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 2:20:13 PM PST
Reader Lady says:
11 hrs constant useage? Such as reading a book? I've read as many as 15 hours straight on my old kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
56 2 days ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 Sep 18, 2015
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 Sep 18, 2015
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
books on Kindle carousel 0 1 minute ago
Wifi is connected but will not view internet 0 1 minute ago
how to transfer mobi files to Kindle Fire? 14 2 minutes ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 4795 5 minutes ago
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 6568 5 minutes ago
Rent audiobooks without a subscription? 14 10 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage 2 313 12 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 4457 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions