Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Prime

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2012 10:12:58 AM PST
Mr. Robert says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:13:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012 10:14:46 AM PST
How so? Your statement isn't particularly compelling without some sort of details on why you think this.

Have you read all about it? Try here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/ref=footer_prime

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:14:07 AM PST
Prime is a program I've used for years to get free 2-day shipping. I've never been charged for shipping. How is that fraud?

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:14:54 AM PST
Victoria says:
Will you elaborate, please? Just what did Amazon promise that they've not delivered with respect to Prime? I think it does everything that they say, but of course I did read the information fully before I bought it. Please tell us what makes you say it's a "bit of a fraud".

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:17:03 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
I'm with the others. Please explain how it is a fraud and we can discuss it.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:18:02 AM PST
New Girl says:
Fraud? That would require intentional deceit. I have had prime for years and every purchase I make tells me if it is prime eligible. The benefits I have gotten through prime are exactly as advertised and they have added to the service with new benefits quite frequently.

If you are going to make ridiculous statements you could at least elaborate a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:19:43 AM PST
So everything is evenly divisible then?

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:20:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012 10:20:29 AM PST
Methinks the OP defines "fraud" as "not going to give me all the free stuff I want for $79/year".

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:21:09 AM PST
Who wants to bet Robert thought Prime was $79/year for one book rental per month and that he didn't bother to read about the other benefits before making his highly insightful and compelling comment?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:22:33 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
My bet is that Mr. Robert won't be back to explain why he thinks this is a fraud.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:23:31 AM PST
jaimilyn says:
Yes, I am itching to know exactly what is fraudulent. I have saved far more than $100/yr for shipping, not to mention the other little perks.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:25:16 AM PST
R. D. Clark says:
Posters like this never come back. Don't waste your time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:28:10 AM PST
But it's so fun to speculate on their speculations, R. D.! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:28:55 AM PST
 Ann says:
Yes, the 'hit and run' troll poster. I'm not sure why they bother...

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:42:09 AM PST
The OP gave a stylus 2 stars because it didn't come with instructions... yes.. a stylus. So, yea, I'm not expecting anything relating to reality if he ever bothers to try and tell anyone what he meant by "fraud".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:45:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012 10:49:08 AM PST
Hahaha! Oh boy.

Hey, this new screwdriver I bought didn't come with documentation. I don't know which way to turn it. It's fraud I tell you! Fraud!

He has four reviews, and uses the word "fraud" in two of them. The other two are equally pointless rants with little actual information. I'm sensing a pattern here...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:47:40 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
That's a great review - the box doesn't come with anything saying what the device is for? Really? You just randomly got this thing in the mail?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:47:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012 10:49:06 AM PST
LOL! Maybe I should go into business writing a stylus instruction manual. That's just too funny.

He probably bought a bunch of those "free to Prime members" books only to discover they weren't free. Because he didn't read the instructions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:51:37 AM PST
Hahaha! My screwdriver goes both ways; I guess you got the cheap model.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:54:16 AM PST
Wow your screwdriver is bisexual? *giggle*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:56:36 AM PST
Yes, yours isn't?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 10:57:53 AM PST
jaimilyn says:
Thanks for the heads up on the review, I read it and am...um...impressed.... wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 11:09:17 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
How is the 2 day shipping a fraud?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:59:29 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:42:31 PM PST
flipoid says:
Why would you dredge up an almost year-old thread to greedily whine because you can't get something for free?

Prime, the shipping program, is not a "joke." The *paying* member, as well as up to 3 other members in the household, gets 2-day shipping on everything he/she orders that's sold by Amazon. The paying member, additionally, gets access to stream videos and to read one book per month for free.

You are acting in a greedy manner to expect Amazon to give the non-paying members who get free Prime shipping already MORE stuff for free, when the fee is only $79 per year.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions