Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

calling all paperwhite users

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 3:12:30 PM PST
Karin says:
I'm thinking of buying a 3g paperwhite. I already have 2 keyboards and 1 touch. I like alot of the features of the paperwhite so want to buy one. What I want to know is what current users of paperwhite think of their's and any problems they may have had.
Thanks.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:17:03 PM PST
Dana Rogers says:
the paperwhite is my favorite kindle so far . I have had all of them . no problems at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 3:26:45 PM PST
 nospin  says:
The Paperwhite is the best kindle so far.
Plan on getting the Amazon cover for it though.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:47:44 PM PST
**Meya** says:
The Paperwhite is by far my favorite Kindle. I have a DXG, a K2i, and a Basic. I only read on the Paperwhite now. Being able to read anywhere, regardless of lighting, is fabulous.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:07:05 PM PST
Gamer says:
I love the paperwhite. The built in light gives you the freedom to read anywhere and at any time. I tended to not use my kindle at night because I hated the glare of overhead lights or attached lights. This just gently lights and I can read in any room. My favorite by far.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:33:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 5:05:33 PM PST
Feisty49 says:
I like the Paperwhite because of the backlight and the distinctive and clear text. I can read wherever I want whenever I want. To be honest, though, I don't like the touch screen function. The screen has to be touched either on the right or left, respectively, to go ahead a page or back a page. There are no buttons on the left and right side which can be used for either forward or backward without moving one's hands. It requires touching the screen 2 times to open the menu and then more touching to open menu options, instead of just pressing the Menu button at the bottom. The touch function is sometimes not sensitive, requiring 2 or 3 touches to turn a page, and sometimes it's too sensitive, turning 2 pages at once. Also, the claim on Amazon's description page that there is an 8-week battery life, even with the light on, makes me shake my head and say, "No way." I always end my reading sessions by turning off the Kindle, and I'm not reading more than an hour a day since I got it 3 weeks ago. Yet, I am having to recharge it every 4 to 5 days, nowhere near the 8 weeks claimed. If they made the Paperwhite function in the Kindle 3rd generation, I'd be happier.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:35:47 PM PST
In2books says:
I agree. I'm not a fan of the touch screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:41:40 PM PST
I just got the PW, but am a bit hesitant in calling it the "best" kindle so far. It dosen't seem as solid as the K2. I have almost all of the kindle generations in my family. I love how the PW is so consistent in any type of lighting, but it does not seem as strongly built as the K2? But, the K2 cost a lot more then the PW. I am hoping it is a workhorse, as the K2 has been.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:55:46 PM PST
Buy the Amazon and it Will feel twice as sturdy as any other model.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:08:07 PM PST
I love my PW!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:49:56 PM PST
CarolinaGirl says:
I love mine and it is my favorite, I had a K2 and a kindle keyboard. I love the touch screen and the smaller size,even though the screen is the same size as my other kindles.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:58:16 PM PST
monilee says:
The paperwhite is my favorite! Loved my touch but love my paperwhite more. My husband loves it too because the light on the paperwhite doesn't bother him like the lighted cover on the touch did.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:05:07 PM PST
SueEllen says:
Loving my paperwhite. No problems so far!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:23:12 PM PST
Techgma says:
I love the Paperwhite. Ordered mine as soon as released. I'm a huge fan of the touch screen. Have no problem with it all. Love being able to read in any light. Also got the Kindle brand cover - ink blue. Very comfortable to hold when reading.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:36:09 PM PST
Karin says:
Thanks everybody for your input. I just put my order in and can't wait till it comes.
Thanks again.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:43:08 PM PST
R. D. Clark says:
My issue with the PW -- and I consider it to be a serious one -- is that certain books display in an incorrect font that cannot be changed, even thought they display correctly on other Kindles and apps. I don't mean "publisher's fonts" that are locked. I mean, for example, Chabon's "Telegraph Avenue" which will only display in Helvetica. Or Ed McBain's "Con Man" which displays in Helvetica, **center justified!** Or Bujold's "Captain Vorpatril's Alliance," an unencrypted mobi file purchased from Baen books, which again will only display in Helvetica -- a font that I cannot tolerate for extended reading.

There is something broken in the Paperwhite's font handling. If you haven't encountered it yet, consider yourself lucky and hope it gets fixed before you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:20:46 PM PST
I have Telegraph Avenue and Con Man. Now I have to go open them and see...

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:33:34 PM PST
I really liked having the feature on my Kindle Touch that told me when a "Loan Ended." My new Kindle Paperwhite does not seem to have this feature? Can anyone tell me how they can readily tell if their library book loan has ended, or when it will end, using the Paperwhite?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions