Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Can't send books to Kindle Using Calibre

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2012 8:30:41 AM PDT
When sending a book to my device a green check mark appears beside it, then when I try sending another book to my device the check mark appears on that book, but from my previous book it disappears and is removed from my device. I am using the usb cable to send the books to my kindle keyboard. What do I do? Please help me!

Also read this thread, http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx2DF89X4PFIQ2G

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:51:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2012 10:08:12 AM PDT
Erika, I've read both of your threads about this problem. I'm a calibre user and also have a KK (among others) to which I regularly transfer books by usb using calibre. I've never experienced the problem you describe. There's nothing I can find in the Calibre preferences or settings that would cause this. Be certain before you click "send to device" that only the book/books you want to send are highlighted. I have no other ideas as to what could be causing this behavior.

If you want to try emailing books from your calibre library to your device you have to configure your email settings first. In preferences, click on "run welcome wizard", then enter your email settings, including your "send to kindle" email address found in your Amazon "Manage My Kindle" page. Also, be sure the email address you're using in calibre to send the book is an approved email address in manage my kindle. There are a number of online guides and tutorials for using Calibre with Kindle. You should be able to find them in Google.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 10:00:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2012 10:01:48 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
I have no idea what would cause this weirdness, either. However, a quick workaround would be this:

- Have Personal Document Archiving enabled on http://amazon.com/myk page under Personal Documents Settings
- Install and register http://amazon.com/sendtokindle app
- From Calibe, highlight the book and click "Path: Click to open" from the details pane; this will open the folder containing the book.
- Right-click on the book in mobi (azw, prc...) format, choose "Send to Kindle", mark the devices(s) to receive the book in Deliver to: box and click "Send"

The book will end up in Amazon cloud and be delivered wirelessly to your Kindle(s) when you sync next time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 10:04:27 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Or you can run a Calibre server on your computer like I do and connect your Kindle through your browser using wifi. Works great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 10:08:11 AM PDT
I haven't been able to get this to work either. I find the book in the folder where Calibre put in and drag it to the proper folder on the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 10:09:18 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
Yes, even better! How did I forget that?

Thanks, Jeff!

BTW, Erika, you can run that little content server as a stand-alone command-line program without the whole Calibre being up. Make sure to "drill the hole" for port 80 (or whichever you select) in your firewall.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 10:10:07 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
Nothing wrong with that, either... :o)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:32:57 AM PDT
I don't use the content server and didn't think of it either, but agree with Jeff and Dragi. It should work for you and solve the problem. Great suggestion, Jeff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 8:56:04 PM PDT
How can I do that? Looks like a people on here are viewing it positively, so could you please do a step by step for me?

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 5:21:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012 5:24:53 AM PDT
Erika, here are a couple of tutorials on using the Calibre content server: http://anoved.net/2012/01/calibre-content-server/
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39501/how-to-access-your-ebook-collection-anywhere-in-the-world/

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:25:11 AM PST
Can you increase the memory on the kind,le ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:52:44 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
So you bring up an old post to ask this question which has nothing to do with the subject?? The answer is no.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:19:10 AM PST
Really! How odd. His question has not a thing to do with using Calibre.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:37:52 AM PST
Can you increase the memory on the kind,le ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:50:32 AM PST
No matter how many times you ask, the answer is still no, you can't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:06:16 AM PST
John,

NO you cannot increase the memory on the Kindle OR the kind,le.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions