Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire Web Font /Screen Size Question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2011 8:01:07 AM PST
Chris Speaks says:
My mom and I split the cost and got a Kindle Fire for my dad. While it's going to take him some getting use to the "hands on" approach of the tablet, his major complaint right now is the small font size when browsing the internet or checking his e-mail. The Fire doesn't seem to have the ability to "pinch" the screen size like an iPad or iPad 2. So, is there anyway that we can get the font/screen size a little bit larger so that he doesn't need to strain his eyes so bad when trying to browse?

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 11:24:25 AM PST
Hello Chris Speaks,

Browsing the web via Amazon Silk on your Kindle Fire does give you the ability to increase, or 'zoom in' and 'zoom out'. Simply pinch your finger and thumb to zoom in and out within a web page. Tap to open items. I am providing you a link to the help pages regarding Amazon Silk. From the link I am providing, you should find answers to most of your questions regarding navigating Amazon Silk and other great bits of information.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_silk_navigate?nodeId=200729650#navigate

If you require further assistance or have any other questions, please feel free to contact Amazon Kindle Customer Support!

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

You can also give us a call at:

U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072
Kindle Support: 1-866-321-8851
International: 1-206-266-2992

Best Regards,

Shannon A.
Amazon Kindle Customer Service

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 12:21:30 PM PST
Bill Ramsey says:
Is there a way to make the email text larger?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 12:33:15 PM PST
@Bill: Free app today, check this discussion thread: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx1Q4FAM4JHYHNS

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 12:50:05 PM PST
Bill Ramsey says:
Thank you Wild Reader 1! This is exactly what my old eyes needed.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 12:52:42 PM PST
T. Reader says:
When I make posts at a website that I belong too, the font control features are not available. This website is an older website, not a social network rather a forum like site. Usually on my desktop, there is a font control where I can change color, font, select all, go to source to add a video, it has things like add a photo and all the smileys. But With silk it starts off with brackets and then you type.
This causes a long paragraph in super small print and basically the blandest post. I can not add photos or videos.
How can I get the font control back or do I have to learn Html codes? Please please tell me I do not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 1:02:49 PM PST
Pinch to zoom doesn't work?

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 6:56:49 PM PST
T. Reader says:
Pinch and Zome does not work for font control in posting on the website.
Pinch and Zoom increases the reading size that I see, but not the end results of the post.
I have tried to click the area the font control box normally is, but it does nothing.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 12:26:33 PM PST
sshahraz says:
Hi, could anyone let me know how I can handle the Farsi web fonts on Kindle Fire? It's not displayed as it should be. Thanks,

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 1:19:02 PM PST
Not all websites let you pinch and zoom, I've found.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 12:38:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2011 12:39:32 PM PST
I called and spoke with an amazon customer service, apparently they dont have means for displaying Farsi font properly,i had to return fire i got for my dad for that reason. suggest an android tablet that has Honeycomb (android 3.0 which has bidi support and can display the Farsi font properly) or an iOS device.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 5:32:07 AM PDT
Barry Berk says:
What happened to the + and "-" signs for zooming so expanded paragraphs would reflow and not require scrolling side to side?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:33:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 3:35:04 AM PST
Tom S. says:
yes, ok, that gesture zooms though it is very difficult handheld. still this is deficient. normal browser can use larger text and reflow the page , not make me pan it and see only part of the page at pnce. this zoom.is poor workaround only. it is no way to routinely or fully read web pages. this MUST be improved!

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 12:13:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2013 12:13:40 AM PST
L. BAO says:
Kindle Fire HD Silk .... the suckest app in the world of tablets. Give me Google chrome, or I'll have to return this New comer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 12:59:05 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
a quick search would have found you this thread with instructions on how to get it to work on page two

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg2?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdPage=2&cdThread=Tx3L6Q6J497QAGT

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 6:20:58 AM PST
I was using my kindle fire when accidentally I must have pushed something cause a screen of smileys, or emoticons, came up! I was so surprised I hit the back arrow, to continue with what my brain was working on. Now I can't find out how I accessed this cool feature, or how to access it again. I have not found any info online about it. Plz help! Thanks. JTR
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
89 13 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 1761 7 minutes ago
IPad vs Kindle 8.9 for Educator 18 10 minutes ago
Prime Movies and TV Questions 44 22 minutes ago
Gay Kindle Paper White Commercial 5233 27 minutes ago
Read Red #40, so that I can support Medicaid. 3 27 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 1632 29 minutes ago
Amazon Prime 15 32 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 3626 32 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions