Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 10:55:53 AM PST
Sindi says:
I deleted a couple books from my archived items; now I want them off my Kindle. How do I do that? Thanks!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:03:36 AM PST
flipoid says:
Sindi, if you deleted them permanently from the "Manage Your Kindle" (MYK) page, you just have to do the "sync" or "sync and check" function on your Kindle (depending on which Kindle you have) and they will be automatically removed. Or you can just delete them from your Kindle as you normally delete any book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:08:10 AM PST
Sindi says:
Thanks for the help. I have a Kindle Touch, and I actually have trouble deleting books. When I 'hold down' the title, a delete option does not come up, but an archive option always does. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:08:18 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:08:35 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:10:53 AM PST
Archiving is deleting for an Amazon book. Deleting from Manage Your Kindle will NOT cause the book to be deleted from your Kindle. You have to delete it (archive) specifically from the Kindle, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:16:43 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Archiving removes it from your Kindle. You can always download it again later.
If you then delete it from "Manage Your Kindle", you cannot access it again without rebuying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:34:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:35:04 PM PST
flipoid says:
Susan, you are incorrect. Deleting from the Manage Your Kindle page on the Amazon website WILL cause the book to be deleted (1) *permanently* from your Amazon account (if you want to read the book again, you have to buy it again) and (2) when you sync your Kindle to your Amazon account (using the "sync" or "sync and check" function).

Also, if you permanently delete a book from your Manage Your Kindle page, when you delete it manually from the Kindle, it does NOT get "archived"--it gets permanently deleted.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:47:19 PM PST
I've just tested this, and after I deleted a book from MYK online, I synced my Kindle. It did not delete the book from my Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:55:41 PM PST
That makes sense. Otherwise you would never be able to keep books purchased from somewhere else on the the Kindle. Every time you synced it would get deleted since it's not in your MYK page.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:35:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:38:27 PM PST
flipoid says:
Okay, that makes sense. I didn't have my Kindle at work (shocking, I know!) so I couldn't test it. I was going on memory from the few books I have permanently deleted from my account.

Thanks for taking the time to test it, Not-so-Mean Mr. Mustard. (-; I stand corrected.

Susan, I apologize.

Mr. Mustard, it is kind of weird, though--books that are borrowed from the library get deleted from the Kindle as soon as you sync after the loan period has expired (even though they do stay on your MYK page until you manually delete them). I'm surprised that the two procedures are so different.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:36:26 PM PST
flipoid says:
FoundQuilting, but books that you add using the "Send to Kindle" service (not ones you copy using the USB connection) now DO get put into your Manage Your Kindle page.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions