Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

What??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 12:29:46 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:35:32 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
They're free, and yes, others have received them also.

You don't need to use them, though I think it's kind of nice they're available if/when needed.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 12:37:22 PM PST
Fud53 says:
I agree with TBell. If you'd been charges PS you'd have received and email stating such...fairly obvious...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:38:47 PM PST
Since when does Amazon charge you for stuff you didn't choose to buy? (JSMH)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:44:29 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
they're part of the latest updates and amazon considers them essential, so if you delete them from your account, they'll just come back for the next update (btw, at least one of those dictionaries costs over 40 USD to purchase, so you're getting a lot of expensive books for nothing)

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:21:56 PM PST
Mary McManus says:
For me they just make it longer to scroll through my books. I have had a Kindle since the first generation and since I will never need to use a Chinese, Japanese, etc dictionary, I have just deleted them. I do think it is wonderful they are provided free to those who need them. In addition to the dictionaries, if you have noticed, they also have the users guides in these same languages, and I have deleted those as well because they are not useful to me.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:35:22 PM PST
Note that they will come back with the next update, so you'll need to delete them all again. It's easier just to ignore them IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:42:12 PM PST
Norwenna says:
I'm not getting these dictionaries. I have a kindle 2 US - are they only coming out for newer kindles? I also have several kindle apps, on IPod Touch, IPad mini, and MacBook Air that haven't gotten dictionaries.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:59:31 PM PST
 Ann says:
You'll only get dictionaries and user's guides in multiple languages if you have a Kindle or Kindle app that supports multiple languages. The K2US does not. I'm not sure about the apps for Apple devices.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions