Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire telling me to re-download an app, but app store won't load?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2012 8:43:11 PM PDT
I downloaded a free game called Enigmatis earlier today and after playing it for about an hour, got a message/pop up box informing me that I had to purchase the full version for $1.99 to go any further. I did purchase the full version and continued playing. I had to set it down to go do some things, and when I came back, the kindle was frozen and would not turn back on. After holding the power button down it finally revolted, but when I tried to reopen the game it said I needed to re-download the app, that there was a problem of some sort. So I went to open the app store and there's nothing -it will not load. My Internet/wi-fi works. I can't understand what happened. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've only had this kindle tor a few days and I really hope I haven't screwdriver it up already... Thanks.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 9:27:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 9:27:49 PM PDT
Caitlin - Go into the device settings on your Fire and check the date and time. If they are off, correct them. That can prevent apps and the app store from working correctly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:54:03 PM PST
Thanks that helped me out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:57:22 PM PST
Good to know!

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 4:04:56 AM PST
Yea! I was wondering about what had happened. Thanks!!!!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:01:59 AM PST
Does anyone know if the purchased game Enigmatis Ghosts of Maple Creek can be downloaded onto your PC? I find it hard to see the hidden objects on my Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 7:39:36 AM PST
ayanna says:
This didn't help me at all it still says trainload

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 7:40:32 AM PST
ayanna says:
This didn't help me it still says the same thing

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2013 6:32:37 PM PDT
B.MmcCarver says:
Me either.

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 7:21:51 PM PDT
Mary says:
Maureen big fish games usually has those for PC or that's where I get them if I don't want to buy them on the kindle. Bought this one a while ago myself as I am addicted to these hidden object games. I bought the cheaper one as I am not sure what all is in the collectors edition that is more expensive. Mary

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/search.html?search=Enigmatis%20Ghosts%20of%20Maple%20Creek

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2013 5:00:58 PM PDT
Thanks! That made them work, such a stupid thing that would make the apps quit though. I was about ready to throw it across the room!

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 3:46:30 PM PST
YAY!! This so helped me!! I was really discouraged until I found this discussion thread! THANK YOU!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2014 5:48:28 AM PDT
Yes my kindle does the same thing. It will tell me to redownload everything I go onto. The only thing it lets me play is dumb mindcraft. So bored of it! But this is not the first time it has done this. It did it before and I put it away for a year. After that I turned it on and it was fine. But it's not so easy this time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 Dec 15, 2014
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 1935 1 minute ago
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 9336 4 minutes ago
Conversations with Echo 497 15 minutes ago
Unable to purchase on kindle 0 18 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 5843 20 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 1958 20 minutes ago
How do i automatically get a book to download into my Kindle instead of the Cloud? 15 21 minutes ago
Kindle free help 1 23 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 7433 50 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions