Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

No notification sounds on Fire HD 8.9

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 9:40:38 AM PST
Has anyone else had notification sound issues? When I receive an email I get not notifications at all, sound or pop up. The notifications are turned on in the settings and the volume is up. Thanks

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:45:43 AM PST
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:50:21 PM PST
Bapi says:
I also have the same problem. As a matter of fact, they sent me a replacement Fire HD because they said the first one was defective, and no notification sounds on this one either. everything is turned on and sounds is up, so that' s not the problem. why would they give u the option to "mute notification sounds" on the pulldown menu at the top if sounds aren' t available???

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:06:47 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:08:19 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:16:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:17:23 PM PST
Have you...

1.Swipe down from the top of the screen.
2.Tap More, and then tap Applications.
3.Tap Notification Settings.

I don't have your Fire model, but can you set notification sounds there?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:27:43 PM PST
after two hours with a chat rep. they have sent me a replacement. but i have to wait another week

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:39:13 PM PST
Bapi says:
I now have had my original Fire HD replaced and then the replacement replaced. No notification sounds, and then all of a sudden I got a sound, and now nothing again. They obviously have huge problems with this issue. I give up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 1:33:53 AM PST
I've never gotten notification sounds to play on any of my three Fires. All settings are correct. I even got the Volume Manager app that was supposed to fix the issue. I've had other techie people look at them and they can't get them to play either. I finally gave up caring whether they sounded or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 3:17:29 AM PST
In some apps, you also have to go into the apps' settings themselves to set the notification sounds. I have most of my apps that send notifications sounding...except for Words With Friends...that one just won't do it. :) I can live with that. I have the Fire 1st Generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:03:27 PM PST
Bapi says:
Thank you Ed. I,too, have given up on the whole notification sounds thing. Maybe they will have the problem fixed by the time the next generation of Fire comes out.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 9:53:35 AM PST
Unknown says:
what has this world turned into you buy something that cost a lot of money and you all give up. well maybe thats what amazon is waiting for they will never have to fix it it everyone gives up and they make more money. have mine since xmas with the same problem email go unanswered or answered with the getting started answer like i would not have tried this before i emailed someone

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 10:27:18 AM PST
MikeJW says:
Email is the worse way to contact Amazon. Start with the help link at the top of the page and then either call Amazon Kindle customer service,nor have them call you. The latter way is kinda neat: you enter your phone number, and almost immediately, your phone rings.

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 6:10:17 AM PDT
Goldtru says:
If all your setting are correct and it still isn't working, try restarting your Fire. That worked for me. You need to make sure that the Notifications menu has Email "on" (on mine, that was the only one off, which was weird) and that under the Email app settings, the notifications is "on" and your volume is up. Then restart. Good luck!

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 11:58:00 PM PDT
R.H. says:
I had the email notification sound working on my Kindle Fire HD 7-inch until I tried to change the sound. Now I don't get the email notification sound. Tried changing back to the orifinal sound and resetting/rebooting the KFHD without success. 8/27/2013 - RH

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 4:31:53 AM PST
displeased says:
You buy a product ( not cheap ) and the kindle notification sounds don't work ? What s up with that? My second one and still no sounds!!! However I m not going to give up. As soon as I have all day l will call back.....

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 7:57:40 PM PDT
christopher says:
If you need help with downloading other apps like oovoo instagram etc. this would be good for you all you have to do is allow your kindle fire HD to download things of the internet . and download 1mobile and look up anything you need ifif you need help with more I may help but I don't know how to change backgrounds if you now how find me on Facebook @ Christopher mosley

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2014 6:08:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2014 6:11:42 PM PDT
Colene's suggestion about swiping down from the top worked immediately for me on my fire hd--thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2014 10:37:11 PM PDT
tony cummins says:
That worked perfect. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 12:42:32 PM PST
. says:
I have been getting the same thing. What I did on my kindle fire hdx 8.5 was I took out my msn e mail account, then added it back in. Then check if you have your e mail on push, etc, for incoming e mail in the options of the e mail. I put mine to push for now. Then make sure your fully charged first, then do a hard boot after everything is started, this takes a few min so relaxe as it starts. A hard boot on a hdx is hold in the power button till it stops then let go, then restart, this clears out all internel cache and put the mem where it is all supposed to be. Now my e mail makes sound when e mail comes in, but it's a piano default type sound like La La. Since the update I cant find option in e mail to change the sound, only a on and off. Make sure yours is set to on threw e-Mail/Setting. I will check back later after more testing..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 12:44:00 PM PST
. says:
Incase you dont care to hear e mail come in Oo?¿

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 2:14:57 PM PST
. says:
Why they gave you a new kindle Fire is beyond me, it's a update they are working on. I also talked then in to pip, because if we can see them in help on a picture in a picture, then we should easly be able to get videos on a picture in a picture. This way you can take your movie with you as you surf, by a press of a button the screen should flip right back to full screen. He said they will also fix the sound effect problem. But they do have in option to give any program a sound effect, just needs work is all. Also they will make volume lock separate from your normal volume this will give you the capability of leaving your games at up specific level and your keyboard. Enjoy the information EZ ouutttt!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 2:17:52 PM PST
. says:
P.S. Turn the person name who is sending you new kindle fires, they need to be fired. They should know by now it's a update problem...

EZ Ouuuuut!!! 🔪😁😨

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2015 1:05:20 PM PDT
And I want to turn off the notification sounds!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2015 2:48:51 PM PDT
Anna says:
If u find out the problem let me know.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 27 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 Jun 25, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 6689 19 seconds ago
Kindle fire freedom 40 2 minutes ago
Possible to buy & download an e-audiobook w/o a future subscription? 9 2 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 7062 3 minutes ago
Text-to-speech on Voyage Kindle? 589 3 minutes ago
Nook to Kindle Fire - Can I transfer my library? 16 3 minutes ago
Pop-up ads 5 4 minutes ago
NonFiction Free eBook today 10 4 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions