Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 226 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 11:49:56 PM PST
*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆*。

˛°_██_
˛. (´* ̮*)*.。
.°( . * . ) ˛°.
*(...'*'.. ) *

Welcome! Come on in and find a comfy recliner to relax and check out the Freebies links. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate is available as well as some freshly baked Cinnamon Rolls and Lemon Croissants. Homemade Baked Ziti and a salad bar is on the menu for lunch. I hope you'll stick around a while to share your picks and chat a little or a lot!
::

*```*```*```* Be Sure To Take Time To Smile Today *```*```*```*

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
~ Lana Turner

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
~ Ron White

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
~ Mark Twain

Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
~ Phyllis Diller

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
~ Isaac Asimov

A two-year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it.
~ Jerry Seinfeld

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links to free book resources:

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

~~~~~~~~~~~ SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS ~~~~~~~~~~~
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting
a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the
"Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
~~~~~~~ THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES! ~~~~~~~

FB&C Starter Schedule:

Courtney - Wednesday, Jan. 16 Start Time around 12:00am EST
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 17, Start Time around 11 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 18, Start Time: 12:30am PST
KayKay - Saturday, Jan. 19, Start Time @12:30 p.m. EST
DiedInWoolYid - Sunday, Jan. 20, Start Time Saturday Jan 19 11:00 pm EST
Leo - Monday, Jan. 21, Start Time 12:00am PST
IrishM - Tuesday, Jan. 22, Start Time: @5-6 am EST
Scarlett859 - Wednesday, Jan. 23 Start Time around 10:00pm CST (Tues night)
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 24, Start Time: 11:00 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 25, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Robb - Saturday, Jan. 26
DonnaBeeGood - Sunday, Jan. 27 Start Time midnight PST
Leo - Monday, Jan. 28, Start Time 12:00am PST
Ketta - Tuesday, Jan. 29, start time 4-5am EST
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 31, Start Time 11:00 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Feb. 1, Start Time: 12:30am PST

Open Dates:

Wednesday, Jan. 30

Saturday, Feb. 2
Sunday, Feb. 3
Monday, Feb. 4

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.
We'll help you through it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Birthday and Anniversary / Template / States - abbreviations and time zones / Slang / How To link. *

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=46D686309DF8EC54!304&authkey=!AI1-59L9q8AbjRA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link To Yesterday's Thread:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=Mx178FU6JBVDUY5&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx5XHUBM5JX5RG#Mx178FU6JBVDUY5

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:50:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 11:58:35 PM PST
´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` Happy Anniversary Kathy C ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

.........█
........██
.......███
......████
.....█████

A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
~ Paul Sweeney

´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` Happy Anniversary Rose Red ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

.........█
........██
.......███
......████
.....█████

A wedding anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow.
~ Author Unknown

My favorite quote, although I've posted it recently...

Infatuation is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners. Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford - but you'll take him anyway.
~ Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:13:35 AM PST
ebook addict says:
I'm partial to the Judith Viorst one too.

Happy Anniversary Rose Red & Kathy C. Glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to get married in January. Hope your special day is as nice as mine was. Wishing you many more happy years together to come.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:55:48 AM PST
So many anniversaries so close together...
Best wishes to all of you....

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:03:37 AM PST
From my wish list....

NorthWest (John Hazard - Book II)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:41:40 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@LOB the quotes are fantastic....and the one about kids is especially true.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:46:16 AM PST
I loved the one about wedding anniversaries, "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year." Can't wait to put that in DH's card this year...

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:18:37 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
Haven't read it yet but am looking forward....I LOVE the Doctor.....

Dining With The Doctor: The Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook Science Fiction?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:44:48 AM PST
bump.....
I did finnally finish In Deep Voodoo...

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:08:20 AM PST
NC Red Rose says:
Happy Anniversary Kathy C. Happy Anniversary Rose Red. Hope your day is everything
romantic, or at least very good.
Thank- you Lover of Books for the quotes.
Everyone have a great day.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:15:44 AM PST
Suze says:
Thanks LOB,

I always enjoy your quotes! Feel better, sweetie!💖💖💖

This is a free book by the author smurphy raved about when telling us her best reads of last year:

Noble Pursuits. By Chautona Havig

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:19:40 AM PST
Suze says:
Happy, happy Anniversary to Kathy C and Rose Red!!

Did you get to go on a honeymoon after your wedding?? How many years married?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:31:10 AM PST
Janine says:
Thanks LOB for starting love the quotes.

Happy Anniversary to Kathy C and Rose Red.
@Biscay replied to you in yesterdays thread you made me laugh.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:31:34 AM PST
Rose Red says:
Good Morning Friends!

@Lover of Books, Thank you for starting today.

@Kathy C, Happy Anniversary!

@ebook addict, Happy Belated Anniversary!

Thank you for the Anniversary Wishes!

Today marks my 41st Wedding Anniversary! I was lucky to marry my soul mate and we have been happily married for the past 41 years and have been together for 42. I just can't believe it has been so long because it doesn't feel like it.

I haven't checked this thread a lot since my sister had her stroke and I have been taking care of my 84 year old dad and now my sister.

I bought my sister a new laptop last Monday so she can video chat with family and friends so she won't be so lonely. After she was able to go back to work after her stroke the company that she worked for let her go after 2 weeks back. She had worked for that company for 16 years. She was heartbroken and so angry. Not only the loss of her job but because the company is a small company they weren't required to carry Cobra insurance so she also lost her insurance. She was finally able to take out more insurance but it will cost her almost $800 a month. It really is going to be hard to pay that on unemployment. She has applied for her disability so hopefully she will be about to get it.

We are on a little trip for our anniversary, just to get away for a bit. Tonight we are going to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant it is my favorite. I can't wait! What better way to celebrate than with chocolate??? :-)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:59:30 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
I have a very silly question, but I can't seem to figure out how the permalink works. I thought I'd just click it and a list of links would be created. I was at my in-laws for several days and didn't have my computer and so didn't have my FB&C recipe and cheat sheet document. There were so many recipes that I wanted to keep. So I pressed permalink.

Long to Short How does the permalink work?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:15:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:20:41 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
4N - to my knowledge, which is probably not that great, you can use the permalink to send or copy if you want to go directly to that post. For example: if I want to send a link to someone to read a post but I don't want them to have to search for the post through the whole thread, I will copy the "permalink" to send to them. When they click on the link it will bring them to the post that I linked instead of the start of the thread. Make sense?

ETA: you can also use them when saving to favorites. If you right click on the permalink you will get a list (if you are on PC). Towards the bottom should be the option to "Add to Favorites". Save the favorites where you would like. When you click back on that favorite it should bring you straight to that post.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:28:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:29:09 AM PST
Biscay says:
That's frustrating, 4Nbahu. I normally copy and paste the link, that way it takes you straight to the post you need... someone else can probably add or correct that!

Do you remember which they were? I copied these... hope I've credited the correct owners...

I'm happy to email them to you or can recopy them all here into a couple of posts if you're around to copy them yourself, and then delete once you have it!

Green beans (TinT)
Maniladas with white cheese and roasted tomatillo sauces; Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce (Scarlett859)
Butter Brickle Toffee; German Sour Cream Twists; Caramel pecan rolls (ebook addict)
Seven Layer bar cookies; Bread (Zoo)
Apple Lokshen Kugeln (Chaya)
Farmhouse White Bread (Courtney)
Wildly Delicious Cinnamon Roll Cake (LOB)
Pressure Cooker Chili (WYRenegade)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:28:54 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
kinlib update:
Update US 1301150253 (311)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/8b8c/

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:40 AM PST
JudyD says:
@LOB - another great start. Love the quotes. By the way, I'm coming up on my 35th anniversary, on January 28th, so add another to the folks who got married in January :)

Only one not already listed from my wish list search: MAGUS (Fourth book in the Dragon Keepers series)

Now to sign on and get working. Have to go to the campus today for a department meeting, tomorrow night for a face-to-face class for a few hours, and then on Friday for a half day of training on a staff planning day, but otherwise complying with doctor not wanting me to "go to work," but agreed okay to work at home online.

Best wishes to all today, (((hugs))) for those who need a few, commiseration for all who are ill and/or healing, please keep the flu and other crud away from the rest of us :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:45 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@Scarlett859 thans that makes sense.. I thought it would just create a list. on the side. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:35:04 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@ Biscay I was unable to find Green Beans, Seven Layer Bar Cookies, Apple Lokshen Kugeln, Wildly Delicious Cinnamon Roll Cake.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:39:35 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
whew... glad you understood... i have a tendency to go around the world and through a maze to explain something so simple.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:39:44 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
Something weird is going on, Next to yesterdays link under recently viewed it keeps telling me that there are over 100 replies. I click on the link it says there is 1 new post, I read it. Then a little while later once again it says over 100 new replies. I go there .... You see where this is going. I think Aunt Ammy has been playing with their software the past week.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:41:07 AM PST
Irish M says:
Thanks for starting, Lover of Books, feel better soon!

Happy Anniversary to Kathy C.!

Happy Anniversary to Rose Red!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:46:52 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
4N - I noticed that too... but my computer at work has been acting up so thought it was just me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Personal Documents Features
43 20 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for PC Update 1.10.8
0 29 days ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation Software Update Version 5.4.4
470 1 day ago
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update Version 5.4.3
146 2 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: Seeing "Invalid Item" When Using Kindle for Android?
55 9 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
April 2014 Informal Poll - What are you reading? 280 2 minutes ago
It's a Quirky Jungle Out There! With So Geese, Midnight Goats, Orange Loving Cows, Cat and Dog Overlords of the Universe, Velvet Monkeys Plus Cherie! 8783 3 minutes ago
The cost of Kindle books from Amazon.com 51 3 minutes ago
kindle ebook and tablet3 0 4 minutes ago
Can I transfer my books from my Kindle Touch to a Kindle fire? 127 5 minutes ago
RAoK 76 - Spring has Sprung 5363 6 minutes ago
ARRAY(0xd88efc40)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  226
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions