Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire with Prime Membership

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2011 12:37:04 PM PST
Kathy I says:
I will be purchasing the Kindle Fire as a gift for my SIL who broke her Kindle a few months ago. She is already a subscriber to Amazon Prime. Is there a way for me to keep the one month Prime (for gift shopping this December) while she keeps the Kindle Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 12:38:02 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
She can add you to her Prime account for the free shipping.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 12:40:56 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
You would have to open the Fire and connect it to your account, once you do this the free month of prime will be activated on your account. You can then deregister the Fire and box it back up and give it as a gift.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 12:42:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2011 12:43:15 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
She does not have to go this far. Everyone is eligible for a free month of Prime if they have never had it before. Just remember to cancel before the month is up or you will be charged.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 1:23:51 PM PST
Kathy I says:
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like it's too much of a pita. And I've already had my one month free from a couple of years ago.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:21:45 AM PST
B. Compton says:
When is a Prime membership NOT REALLY a Prime membership. I finally found out. I was already a Prime member shared with and initiated by my sis. Then I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas which came with a free month of Prime membership. After that month I was no longer able to borrow books, stream free videos etc on the Fire. Yesterday, after 2 inquiries I received the answer that a shared Prime membership doesn't work for the Fire. You have to have your own Prime membership. This makes me mad!! Barb

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 7:25:02 AM PST
Food prices make me mad. As do people who drive and text at the same time.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:27:51 AM PST
Why are you mad? As a guest member, you get to share the benefits of Prime--the free 2-day shipping. Only the paid Prime member gets the perks of the free video streaming and the KOLL. You want the same perks? Get your own Prime account. It's pretty generous of Amazon to allow guests to benefit from the shipping discounts since they already lose money on the initial Prime memberships.

And you can borrow as many books as you want from the public library, as well as take advantage of the hundreds of free books posted daily on Amazon. What more do you want?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 7:29:06 AM PST
But you didn't pay for a Prime Membership. Why should you be entitled to all the benefits of one?

Amazon is being generous allowing you to get free shipping on your SISTER'S account. They don't even have to do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 11:51:07 AM PST
Anyone can get the free 1-month trial to Prime. Just ask for it.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 2:15:38 AM PST
Diane Rector says:
Can you download the free prime books to your kindle fire, if you dont have the kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 2:47:56 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Yes, any of the Kindle devices. Just not the apps for other devices.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions