Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Extension of return period

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 11:06:26 PM PST
Claudia says:
In past years, Amazon has waived the 30 day return period and lengthened it so that people who bought early for Christmas could still return the gift they bought even if it was beyond the 30 day 'normal' period for returns.

Does anyone know if this has started yet this year, or when it might? I want to order my daughter a Kindle Fire HD but I don't want to have to be outside the 30 day return window when she opens it on Christmas. Neither do I want them to be all sold out before I order one!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:33:55 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
When they start it there will be a ad at the top of the main page prominently displayed.

They don't usually start the extended returns until after Thanksgiving sometime, can't remember if it starts end of Nov or beginning of Dec.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:57:35 AM PST
DittieFurkey says:
Help>Returns and Refunds>How to Return

"Gift Returns
Gift returns are confidential.

The Online Returns Center allows gift recipients and gift givers to return items fulfilled by Amazon.com, even if the order wasn't marked as a gift when it was purchased. The type of refund or credit you receive depends on how the gift was purchased and how it's returned.

Once your return is processed, we'll send an Amazon.com Gift Card in the amount of the returned item(s) to the e-mail address you enter on the Online Returns Center form. If you're the gift giver, you'll receive a refund to the original payment method. You'll need the order number to complete the returns process; this can be found on the packing slip. If you don't have an order number, please contact us.

***Items shipped by Amazon.com between November 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012, may be returned until January 31, 2013, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed in our Product Return Policies Help pages.***

Note: Gift recipients won't be eligible for exchanges or instant refunds."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions