Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Organizing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 1:46:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 1:47:15 AM PST
axlemn says:
Edit: better title would be 'downloading/sending multiple archived files'.

I have a new Kindle, and I want to be able to download the archived documents from my previous Kindle. I found the link to: http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle
. (Is there any shorter URL? Like, mykindle.com or something?)

It seems like it should be quicker to download files to my computer, then transfer via USB. Is there a way to select multiple eBooks / archived documents for download, or for even just for sending?

It seems really silly / irritating to have to go one at a time (and having the page refresh all throughout). I have 40+ items to manage. Please help!

Also, is there any way to toggle having my Kindle enter USB mode or not?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:49:22 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope there is no way to download multiple items at the same time. You have to do it 1 at a time.

Nope there is no toggle for the USB mode, when you connect the cord to the kindle then to the computer it automatically enters USB mode. To exit USB mode you eject the Kindle drive then unplug it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 1:56:10 AM PST
Denis Powell says:
Every book you download to your Kindle has to be indexed, so downloading 40 at one go could cause problems. If you did that and then put the Kindle to sleep it could cause the battery to drain almost completely or slow it down for quite some time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 1:59:29 AM PST
I agree on downloading too many things at once in terms of the indexing/battery drain and possible freezing, but one thing you can do to deal with the refreshing is to have more than one page of your MYK open at once. Open two or three pages in different tabs or windows, then work alternately on each one, going to the others while they refresh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions