Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle app for roku and apple tv

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2012 10:00:35 AM PDT
Luis Reader says:
When we can read our e-boks from roku or any sreaming player. Hope we can use soon read it on the Tv screen (big letters and comfortable indoor activities)

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:04:05 AM PDT
 Ann says:
If you want to read books on your TV screen, you can connect a laptop or PC to your TV and use the Kindle for PC (or Mac) app.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:13:53 AM PDT
Luis Reader says:
Thank you Ann, we can but is easy if wwe have roku or any steaming device and avoid conect and disconect the PC, I did it before.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:17:25 AM PDT
I think you're going to be waiting a long time for this one.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:20:56 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
Reading on a television screen sounds good, but in practice it really isn't. Having to focus on a screen that is 8+ feet away from your eyes, and trying to track each line and stay focused is much more difficult to do than you may think.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:23:13 AM PDT
In addition, the resolution usually sucks compared to a computer monitor... even with an HDTV.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:24:20 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Can't see anyone making an app for this when most other tablets can already connect to a TV.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:29:07 AM PST
Kathy says:
I love reading on the tv but being tied to the tv by a cord running from my iPad or Galaxy Tab is frustrating. An app that works with the roku remote would be wonderful for reading while exercising.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 7:02:47 AM PST
I agree with the original poster. We would like a Kindle reader for Roku. Very few people are willing to put up with swapping cables, etc. We have Roku because it is simple and easy. We have a TV & Roku mounted in front of the treadmill. Both get used a lot and we would like to be able to read Kindle books on them. I suspect there are others like us.

Amazon: Please develop the Kindle reader for Roku. I'm sure you will have additional readership to justify the development costs.

Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:22:44 AM PST
MikeJW says:
If you want to make a specific suggestion to Amazon, do it. But typing it here in the customer forum will accomplish nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:37:57 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I don't know if Amazon would be able to do this without agreement from the publishers. I think that would have to be worked out before Amazon would even start on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:40:45 AM PST
**Meya** says:
In theory, reading on a television sounds like a good idea. In practice, it would be difficult and really uncomfortable for the eyes and the muscles that control them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:13:09 AM PST
Sarida says:
It's an interesting construct isn't it? I remember when Disney was filing legal action against day care centers who were mass showing Disney movies.

I'm wondering about schools who would choose to do this on smartboards. The reality is what would be the difference between reading a picture book to your class and holding up pics, or showing it on a smartboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2013 1:52:36 PM PDT
Darman says:
This is a GREAT IDEA right now i use my droid hooked to a mini hdmi hooked to hdtv and that works pretty good..... Reading on the droid really kinda sucks compared to the hdtv those that are saying it wouldn't work to well really haven't a clue I do it now

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2013 6:05:53 PM PDT
Jim Korioth says:
But you can enlarge the font, especially effective on a large HDTV. I'm visually impaired, and I find this approach very helpful with many other apps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  May 23, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions