Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Bluetooth mouse for Kindle Fire HD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 99 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2012 8:15:05 PM PST
Adam Sinor says:
I love using my bluetooth keyboard with my new kindle. It makes data entry very fast. I bought a Logitech bluetooth mouse for android 3.1+. I get an error saying the mouse is not compatible with the kindle. Is there a mouse that will pair with the kindle fire hd?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:34:24 PM PST
I've never heard of using a mouse on a tablet. There isn't a floating pointer, its touch screen.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:38:20 PM PST
TuxGirl says:
What would the mouse do? There isn't a pointer to manipulate, so I have no idea what the purpose of the mouse would be.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:53:31 PM PST
Adam Sinor says:
Yes there is no pointer. I use quick office pro, the app that lets you create office docs, quite a bit. When I word process I find it a little uncomfortable to type with the bluetooth keyboard and reach up to the screen to click on something. I know I should really be doing this with a laptop, but if my Kindle can do it, why not. The mouse I bought is made for tablets and reviews said it works with the galaxy, nexus and thrive.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:26:29 PM PST
Hmmm apparently there is such a thing, but its beyond my ken.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:55:19 AM PST
NG says:
Many many devices have issues with both a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and the device trying to handle two links writing to the screen. Android supports mice but pairing both mice and keyboards causes issues (and not just with android.)

Try a keyboard with an integated touchpad AND ANDROID KEYS or a keyboard which holds the tablet or a folio where the tablet, keyboard and fingers stay lose together.

Till Amazon gets their act together and starts testing the peripheral accessories with their tablets, you probably need to go to a brick and mortar electronics store.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:08:13 AM PST
I plugged a mouse into my Thrive and it worked. Just FYI. It's not something I would want or need to do, but was just curious if it would work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:54:47 AM PST
NG says:
I believe the thrive has a usb port. You using a usb mouse? People have problems with the thrive using a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse.

Issue is you put the tablet ona stand and the keyboard closer, maybe on the lap, then touching the screen is awkward.

Just saw amazon has a new stylus for the fire. Those work for some people. Of course you can lose them if they don't attach to the tablet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:55:14 AM PST
Adam Sinor says:
Thanks for the suggestions. The keyboard android and mouse from logitech are made to go with each other and not interfere with each other. They are both made for android tablets. My guess is that the Amazon version of Android 4 does not work with a mouse. Hopefully an software update from Amazon can fix this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:33:34 PM PST
D.L.C says:
I plugged my mouse into my Nexus 7. Generates a pointer. Totally unfair in Multiplayer shooting games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:12:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 4:15:27 PM PST
Doug W says:
Adam, just received a response from Logitech saying The KF HD does not support the bluetooth HID profile (human interface device).

My keyboard works well but the mouse will not pair. The mouse is Logitech but my KB is "Zaggkeys".

Haven't found a mouse that will work and suspect I won't until Amazon loosens the restriction for this.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:18:00 AM PST
NG says:
Says here it does support it: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/specifications.html

Trying to support 2 bluetooth devices at once is a problem for lots of android devices. Suspect this is a processor speed or EMI problem. Of course this wouldn't be the first time one gadget manu blamed the other...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:20:11 AM PST
Adam Sinor says:
The Logitech person helping me claims that the kf hd and 8.9 inch kf support a mouse, but after trying many different things I am inclined to agree with you. It is a little frustrating that two Logitech people say different things.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:42:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 10:44:00 AM PST
Doug W says:
I'm incline to agree hearing two different opinions from Logitech at opposite ends of the spectrum, however it doesn't surprise me. Secondly, I took my concern to Amazon and I received an answer back stating they will take my suggestion of blue tooth mouse support under advisement and possibly include such in a future update. Now you know as much as I and for what its worth, I guess we need to keep our fingers crossed. I'm totally frustrated because an unrestricted Jellybean 4.2 OS on my Nexus 10 works like a charm. Matter of fact I'm using the bluetooth KB and mouse as I type this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:51:36 AM PST
I've plugged a lot of things into a lot of places just to see if it would work.

YBIK

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:02:35 AM PST
R. D. Clark says:
Anything can be made to fit into anything, given sufficient lubricant of the right kind.

This principle can save marriages.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:05:33 AM PST
;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:05:47 AM PST
Truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:07:20 AM PST
Sadly, not everything can have everything. The Fire line has features other tablets lack, and vice versa.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 4:50:29 PM PST
Well for a start you could copy and paste.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:33:11 PM PST
I just attempted to pair a Rocksoul bluetooth laser mouse for Mac to the Kindle Fire HD 7". No luck, get "incompatible device" msg.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:06:54 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 2:43:19 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:10:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 14, 2013 4:02:46 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:55:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 14, 2013 4:02:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:58:41 PM PST
The person that is using a mouse with the Kindle Fire has probably rooted the Fire, which I would never recommend doing for the regular user. "Rooting" means that they have replaced Amazon's version of the operating system with another. That will void your warranty...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  99
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions